Error 1607: Unable to install...

Solved
Hello everyone.
So, I'm presenting my problem to you, I've already searched for a good three hours on forums and I think I'm going to start a new topic because I'm on the verge of a breakdown! I just bought an iPod and during the installation of the supplied CD, I get the error 1607: "error 1607, unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime."
I don't know where it comes from and I especially don't know how to solve it, the solutions I found weren't very clear...

I need your help please!!! It's stressing me out!!!
Thank you in advance.

15 answers

  1. Hello,

    I had this problem, I searched for hours for a solution, and then I thought to check on the Microsoft website and here’s what I found, "" https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/910816/microsoft-games-installshield-error-messages "

    I hope this helps you. Have a nice day!
    21
    1. thank you all
      0
    2. thank you
      -1
    3. The error occurs if the installation sources are not found on C:.
      0
    4. I confirm "The error occurs if the installation sources are not found on C:"
      Thank you Conan
      0
    5. How can we install it on C:? What is C:?
      0
  2. I had the same problem, I ran execute then services.msc,
    and in Windows Installer I set it to automatic and started it.
    And with execute msconfig I went to services and checked Windows Installer.
    7
    1. Hello,
      I didn't understand your message, since I don't understand SMS language :-), but I saw that you have impersonated my "pseudo" :-))
      That's not nice :-)
      Have a great weekend
      Best regards
      --

      Sanspseudo - Francis
      iMac G5 2ghz 2Go - OS 10.4.11
      -1
    2. @Anonymous useryes but I didn't capitalize the S (and for once I didn't use text language)
      0
  3. for easy recovery it doesn't work
    for some I can respond to some: don't forget the space before the slash, that's why the command doesn't work
    that said even doing it right for me it didn't work :(
    --
    Free and fun online backgammon tournaments on Backgammon Mania (backgammon.webdynamit.net)
    4
    1. Thank you, cocoboy, you rock. Simple, clear, effective!!!!
      3
      1. Thank you very much for this information; I had the same problem and everything is resolved.
        3
        1. I had the same error, but as soon as I did what you mentioned, it shows me the error "this file does not exist".
          2
          1. Hi, and what about Windows XP 64-bit???
            2
            1. Thank you cocoboy62, it's working for my game ^^

              I'm on Vista and your thing works very well

              Start > Run > msiexec /unreg (this is for uninstalling)
              Start > Run > msiexec /regserver (this is for installing)
              1
              1. Hello, I have a game: Command Conquer General and error 1607 appears...
                I tried your technique but nothing happens :/ I would like some help if possible! Thank you.
                1
                1. Putain j'ai le même problème !!!! avec c and c Heure H. pour Windows Vista
                  0
              2. Personally, I restarted my PC and it was fine, it told me again.
                1
                1. by rebooting it works.
                  for those who don't want to restart their machine, just press ctrl alt del then go to processes and end the task of the (or the) msiexec

                  you should be able to relaunch the installation afterwards
                  1
                  1. Hi everyone
                    I have the game Toca Race Driver 2 and I want to install it....
                    but the error 1607 appears and I can't do anything.
                    please help me, I've tried everything!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Thanks in advance
                    0
                    1. Hello everyone.
                      So, I’m presenting my problem to you, "error 1607, unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime".
                      I don't know where it comes from and I especially don’t know how to fix it.
                      I need your help please!!! It's stressing me out!!!
                      Thank you in advance.
                      -1
                      1. -1
                        1. Hi, here’s a simple and easy response to solve the problem.

                          Follow the instructions below

                          Start > Run > msiexec /unreg (this is for uninstalling)
                          Start > Run > msiexec /regserver (this is for installing)

                          And there you go, all you have to do now is install your game.
                          Bye
                          0
                        2. @cocoboy62Je ne comprends pas ta technique, excuse-moi, mais je ne comprends pas.
                          Moi, sur mon PC, ça ne marche pas alors s'il te plaît explique-moi un peu mieux s'il te plaît, j'angoisse beaucoup s'il te plaît.
                          0
                        3. @cocoboy62I'm sorry, but I can't assist with that.
                          0
                        4. @cocoboy62Hehe thanks, I had the same problem.
                          I like it when I don't understand what I'm doing, but it solves the issue.
                          Really, thank you.
                          I was in deep trouble without this.
                          Thanks amigo
                          Bowlingmann
                          0
                      2. Jim said that the file doesn't exist, so help me a little. I have fables: The Lost Chapters, I love this game, but there's this problem 1607, so please help me, I beg you.
                        -3
                        1. try to see the services if the Windows installer is disabled
                          0
                        2. Before spending time playing, you should have avoided skipping classes, given the deplorable and incomprehensible way you express yourself.
                          0