Unable to reinstall Microsoft Store
Solved
Hello,
Since my Microsoft Store was no longer working, I wanted to uninstall it and I managed to uninstall everything.
The problem is when I go into PowerShell and do the manipulation to reinstall Microsoft Store, it doesn't work
Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
It writes all this without me being able to actually install it (see Photo link)
If there is any possibility of not doing a reset because I don't want to lose all the applications on my PC
Photo Link: https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/45/5/1573224099-annotation-2019-11-08-153137.jpg
Thank you in advance for your responses.
Thanks.
Since my Microsoft Store was no longer working, I wanted to uninstall it and I managed to uninstall everything.
The problem is when I go into PowerShell and do the manipulation to reinstall Microsoft Store, it doesn't work
Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
It writes all this without me being able to actually install it (see Photo link)
If there is any possibility of not doing a reset because I don't want to lose all the applications on my PC
Photo Link: https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/45/5/1573224099-annotation-2019-11-08-153137.jpg
Thank you in advance for your responses.
Thanks.
19 answers
-
Moderator@benji05: have you followed the instructions?
That is to say: Repair Windows 10 without data loss.
Then when it's done,
right-click on the Start menu and then Windows PowerShell (admin)
then:
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
Do you have an error message?
If not, check the Start menu to see if Windows Store is there.
--
Please press any key to continue the disinfection...-
-
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
Add-AppxPackage : Unable to find the path 'C:\Program
Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11910.1001.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist.
At Line:1 char:61
+ ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFou
ndException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand -
Moderator@benji05Can you confirm that you have successfully repaired Windows 10?
Download the ISO, mount it, run the setup
the entire installation phase, etc., etc.? -
-
Moderator@benji05You can install version 1909, but I doubt it will resolve the issues.
Manually install the Windows 1909 update with the Update Assistant or Media Creation Tool.
Follow these step-by-step tutorials:- Download and install the Windows 10 1909 update (malekal.com)
- How to install the Windows 10 1809 update (CCM)
Apart from resetting, I don't have any other ideas: Reset Windows 10.
-
