Reset Brother DCP 167 printer

Hello,
By mistake, my grandson opened the lid and pulled on the brand new cartridges, and now I get a message that my ink is at 0... what should I do? Everything is blocked and I really need to print. Thank you
Configuration: Windows 7

1 answer

  1. Hello pigeon,

    You can try this to see:

    - Turn on the machine.
    - Press 'Menu', then 'Mono Start', and press the up arrow 4 times in less than 5 seconds to enter maintenance mode.
    - Use the up (▲) or down (▼) buttons to display "80" and confirm with "Menu".
    - Press the 'Mono Start' button several times until the purge counter appears.
    - To reset the counter to "00000", you need to enter the value "2783": display the digits 2, 7, 8, and 3 one after the other using the (▲) or (▼) buttons and confirm each time by pressing the 'Confirm' button.
    - To exit, press 'Stop/Exit' button.
    - Enter the digits 9, 9 with the arrows to exit maintenance mode.
    5
    1. Hello, you seem to be an expert on this type of machine
      My printer has been giving me trouble for 2 days... maybe you can help me?
      I am unable to print in black; all colors work except black
      I just reset it and have gone through the advanced menus of the printer but I don't see why it can't print in black; the cartridges are full, brand new.
      I can print, just not in black..... Problematic Do you have a solution? Thank you very much.
      0
    2. Hello,
      And for a DCP-1510 please? Thank you very much!
      0
    3. Hello,
      for my dcp-167c it didn't work, still no way to get the ink to flow without doing a cleaning.
      0