Windows 7 Installation, Missing CD/DVD Driver

Solved/Closed
Hello,
I downloaded the Windows 7 RC yesterday afternoon, I am currently on Vista and I have no issues with my drivers, my device manager is perfectly normal. I burned the ISO I downloaded, booted from it on my PC, followed the prompts and then encountered the following error message:
"A CD/DVD drive driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, XD, DVD, or Flash USB drive containing the driver, please insert it now.
The problem is that I don’t understand why it can’t find this driver, here is an image when I check the details of my CD/DVD drive:
https://www.casimages.com/i/090506011436169424.jpg.html
I really don’t understand this error because the drive works perfectly, as the installation of Windows uses this same drive.
Thank you for your attention =D.Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0

85 answers

  1. Hello,

    I had the same problem, but I managed to solve it. The solution is below.

    I have a newly acquired SSD (OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 2.5'' SSD), and I'm installing Windows 7 from a USB drive. During the installation, I got this message:

    “No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click OK.”

    My installation is in English. I initially thought it might be related to the Windows 7 installation, so I downloaded another version (in French). However, that wasn't it, as I then received the same error message in French:

    “A CD/DVD driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, XD, DVD, or USB flash drive containing the driver, insert it now.”

    I then tried to install Windows 7 from a DVD drive, but that didn’t help either. I tried copying the RAID drivers from my motherboard onto a second USB drive, but the Windows installation did not detect this second USB drive. I tried switching to IDE mode instead of AHCI. Nothing worked. I attempted several DISKPART commands, but it didn't change anything.

    The solution that worked:

    Finally, I simply combined two solutions (I don't know which one was crucial): I removed the USB drive containing the Windows 7 installation from its USB 3.0 port and plugged it into a USB 2.0 port. Then, I disconnected the SSD from the SATA III port and connected it to a SATA II port during the installation. It worked; I was able to install Windows 7, and once it was done, I reconnected the SSD to SATA III.

    Given how much I struggled, I’m posting my solution here, and maybe it will help others.

    See you!
    151
    1. Indeed, simply moving my USB stick from a USB3 port to a USB2 port resolved the error message. It just takes longer to install...
      My internal hard drive has always remained connected via SATA III.
      0
    2. Hello,

      that's right! After two hours of searching for a solution on various forums, I saw your message and bingo! I plugged the bootable USB drive into a USB 2 port and it worked!!

      Thanks for the information.
      1
    3. Same for me, I was trying to install Windows from a bootable USB flash drive but I kept getting that message about the missing CD/DVD driver (even though I don't even have an optical drive).
      After struggling for a while, I simply changed the USB port to connect it to a front port on my tower, and it worked, no more silly message.

      Good luck!
      0
    4. Same! usb3->usb2 and it works!
      0
    5. Great! Thank you very much :)
      0