TI-82 STAT "INVALID DIM" Error

Solved
Hello,
I've been having a major issue with my TI-82 Stat for a few weeks now. When I try to plot a graph (even the representation of a simple function, like a linear one), when it comes to drawing the graph, it displays "error: invalid dim"
I don't understand why at all. I've checked a lot of settings and can't find a solution.
Thank you in advance for your help!!!
Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0

21 answers

  1. Good evening,
    The easiest way is to reset the settings to default, 2nd, + (to access mem) then Reset then Default and finally OK.
    --
    Windows Vista
    Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 @ 2.4 GHz 4 GB DDR2 NVidia 8600M GT Firefox 3.0.1
    299
    1. Does it also erase the programs when you press 2nd --> + --> delete?
      0
    2. @koutchyKoutchy, if you follow exactly the steps from B!gbot, 2nd, +, delete, default, your programs are preserved. In any case, I did it on my calculator and nothing disappeared.
      0
    3. @loloI don't have "default"
      I have:
      -all
      -real
      -complex
      -list
      -matrix
      -Y-VARS
      -prgm
      -pic
      -GDB
      -string
      I don't know what to do
      0
    4. @koutchy2nd + 5 ("reset") then defaults and there you go! Have a nice day!
      0
    5. @lolothank you thank you thank you!!
      0
  2. Thank you very much!! It works now.
    Thanks a lot for your help!!
    6
    1. You're welcome, I had the same problem, and I admit I struggled to find a solution :D. And you can use "tu" with me lol.
      One last thing, don't forget to mark the subject as resolved, at the top right.
      --
      Windows Vista
      Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 @ 2.4 GHz 4 GB DDR2 NVidia 8600M GT Firefox 3.0.1
      1
      1. There you go, it's done ;)
        Have a good evening :)
        2
        1. Thank you to you too...
          --
          Windaube Vista
          Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 @ 2.4 GHz 4 GB DDR2 NVidia 8600M GT Firefox 3.0.1
          2
          1. Thanks a lot, I just had the same problem and it worked!
            1
            1. My problem is not knowing where it comes from....
              --
              Windows Vista
              Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 @ 2.4 GHz 4 GB DDR2 NVidia 8600M GT Firefox 3.0.1
              4
              1. If I understand the problem correctly, your error message is due to the fact that with no function selected, the calculator cannot determine the display to be performed. Be sure to check in the graph menu where you enter the functions that at least one function is selected: this is indicated by a white "=" on a black background. To select a function, use the key indicated by "SEL" at the bottom of the calculator's graphical screen.
                0
            2. Thank you very much to all of you, especially to the first person who replied!!
              This problem was a real hassle....I didn't think there were blogs for calculators!!
              So, have a good class everyone.
              1
              1. Ouaaah, thank you guys TT____________TT Tomorrow is my math exam and I was about to look up my math teacher's address in the directory to go knock on his door for help XDD He would have thought I'm crazy u_u"

                Anyway, thank you very much =) But what exactly is this problem due to?
                11
                1. The stats I believe.
                  0
                2. well no: the different types of graphs
                  0
                3. I don't know ^^' xdxd
                  0
                4. xdxd
                  0
              2. Exactly the same thing Thank you very much, plus I was able to keep all my programs ^^
                3
                1. I have read everything you suggested to solve the problem, but it doesn't work for me!! And the math exam is tomorrow, please, help me!!! :S
                  0
                2. you just saved me for my 2 PM exam !!
                  0
                3. I had the same problem, and to get rid of it, I did
                  you click on f(x), and then I had Graph1, Graph2, Graph3 highlighted, and you go to each of them and press enter.
                  0
                4. Hi, I used your solution but I'm still having the same problem, so if anyone has another solution
                  Thank you
                  0
                5. Well in that case the only other problem must come from the "zoom" settings of your calculator so make sure that Xmax is greater than Xmin and that Ymax is greater than Ymin
                  If you can't do it reset the settings of your calculator (it won't delete the programs)
                  0
              3. Thank you, it works perfectly!
                2
                1. Hello, I have a problem with my calculator. When I enter a function and then click on graph, it shows me: ERR: VAL WINDOW.
                  I have no idea what to do! I’ve looked everywhere..
                  And since I am taking correspondence courses, no teacher can help me...

                  Thank you in advance.
                  0
                2. Why does it say undefined?
                  0
              4. OR ELSE YOU CAN DO IT ANOTHER WAY (it worked for me)
                you go to 2nd graph stats, you hit enter, then you set the function to OFF and it’s done
                136
                1. Thank you, it works great now.
                  0
                2. You're welcome!
                  0
                3. NO BUT THANK YOU, math exam tomorrow and the same problem, you literally saved my life!
                  0
                4. HOOOOOOO YEEEES ! H-manga I love you! =D
                  Just like "ahhhhh" I have my math exam tomorrow and you're saving my life.

                  Good luck to everyone.
                  0
                5. Does it erase the data from memory or not?
                  0
              5. Otherwise, a technique without resetting your calculator, simply [nd] [y=] to go into STATPLOT. Once inside, check that all the plots are set to off; if not, turn them off...

                Normally this works..
                Good luck to all the math enthusiasts!
                30
                1. comment tu les mets en off ???
                  0
                2. Thank you, my friend, very good solution that avoids the reset! :-)
                  0
              6. I'm trying to do what you said to turn off the graphs... but graph 5 on my calculator doesn't deactivate at all... what should I do?
                8
                1. Hello everyone, I had the same problem, which was solved thanks to you. However, my calculator refuses to display the values in the table, and this is only for sequences... not for functions!
                  What should I do??
                  2
                  1. my God, thank you for this answer that saves my life ;)
                    2
                    1. I tried what you told me but it doesn't work for me when I do 2nd Y= I get GRAPH STATS
                      1:Graph1
                      ...
                      ? Please help me.
                      6
                      1. There are 2 methods: you can type 2nd + mem 5 + default + 2, or you type 2nd + graph stats + enter and set to OFF, for those who can't understand up to this point.
                        6
                        • 1
                        • 2