Remote control and HD Freebox box
Solved
Hello,
my Freebox remote control is not working anymore... Before ordering a new one from Free, I wanted to know if it's possible that the problem
actually comes from the HD box (like it can no longer receive the remote control signal), knowing that it still works for television reception (and we can change channels, increase the volume, by acting directly on it).
Thank you for your insights! Bye Gilles
my Freebox remote control is not working anymore... Before ordering a new one from Free, I wanted to know if it's possible that the problem
actually comes from the HD box (like it can no longer receive the remote control signal), knowing that it still works for television reception (and we can change channels, increase the volume, by acting directly on it).
Thank you for your insights! Bye Gilles
48 answers
-
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem with my remote control! You first need to check that the remote is emitting a signal; for that, check if the red light comes on when you press a button. You can verify this by filming yourself or taking a picture while pointing the device at the remote, if no one can help you check. In my case, the remote is working normally. If it’s the same for you, that might save you from buying a new remote!
You can also check your remote on another HD box if you know someone who has one. Similarly, you can try your box with another remote.
Finally, you can always attempt a hard reboot of your box (unplugging and replugging it manually 5 times while holding down a button on the box). This resets your box (but erases everything on its hard drive). Unfortunately for me, this didn’t work! If you find yourself in the same situation as me and find a solution, please let me know!
Good luck! Laure-
Merci beaucoup, miss, ta 2ème méthode a très bien marché. Ça faisait 2 semaines que je n'avais plus de télécommande, j'allais en commander une autre et attendre 3 semaines !! Grâce à toi, ma télécommande remarche, merci encore !! Et bon courage à tous les autres, car ce n'est pas facile !! Bisous à tout le monde !!!
-
-
-
-
-
-
Hello,
I just had the same problem
my remote control only worked with the numbers
I changed the batteries: same.
I did a hard reboot of the DSL
then a hard reboot of the HD
-still having issues, some functions still didn't work.
...after a few hours, everything went back to normal, it works like before.-
-
-
-
-
And even with the Reset button it doesn't work, what do we do? We’ve been stuck on this problem for hours... and have tried practically everything we found on the forums... It's impossible to get it working and of course, being stuck on the pairing screen, we can't access the different menus that some are talking about... Help!!!! Help!
-
-
Hello,
I am experiencing the same problem with the remote control since 12/25, following a reboot of the HD box.
I have changed the batteries, still not working.
I have reloaded the firmware, still not working.
I tested the infrared emission with a camera, it’s working.
Has a new firmware been made available?
P.S.: I will try to test my box and remote control at a friend's place. -
Hello,
I sent a message to Free support,
they replied to run the tests you did,
then to perform a hard reboot:
To perform a hard reboot of the HD box (television):
* Unplug your box from the power source.
* Hold down one of the 5 front buttons while plugging the box back in, and only release the button after 5 seconds. -
Hello,
So, I tested it at a friend's place.
My remote works on his HD box.
His remote doesn't work on my HD box.
Therefore, my box is broken.
I will therefore request a replacement.
I have tried the Hard Reboot procedure several times, but with no success (Thank you).
For your information: this remains a hypothesis, I connected a Wii console to the TV, close to the HD box. It’s since that moment that the HD box no longer responds to the infrared signals from the remote...
Could the IR signals from the Wii controller have affected the HD box???
Talk soon! -
Hello,
actually, I had done a hard reboot of the Freebox clock, then of the Freebox HD (with the Ethernet cable), just like the first time.
Normal operation returned after about half a day (after a simple reboot of the HD, I think).
If your TV is working, it means the box is functioning; in my opinion, try that, and first go through Free's assistance (FAQ), I think. -
Hello,
I have the same symptoms as Fcalin.
I have a Wii as well as the Freebox HD.
The remote control for the Freebox HD started acting up about a week ago.
Since then, I haven't been able to get it to work (hard reboot, changing batteries, reconnecting the Wii...)
If anyone has found out what the problem was, I would be grateful. -
Hi everyone
I had the same problem as you, and oddly enough, my son also has the Wii.... I did a hard reboot: nothing. I changed the batteries, which were new..... it seems to work. I have firmware 1.3.0, what about you? -
Hello,
After various manipulations
It turns out that the Wii is not to blame.
The problem comes from the IRDA (infrared) of the TV module of the Freebox.
This IRDA module may be defective.
Unfortunately, the only solution is to go through Free's customer service (catastrophic).
I tried sending an email and participating in Free's chat
but honestly, it's really pointless. For the email, they simply send back a generic response (call the premium-rate hotline)
and in the chat, it's a bot (a program) that responds and ends the discussion after a set time or when it doesn't understand.
If you have found a solution to go through Free's customer service, which requires contacting an outrageously expensive hotline,
let me know. -
Hello,
I also have a Wii. But my HD box has not been responding since last night ;( .. I don't even have the point ...
hard reboot did nothing, nothing changes
any idea??? -
do it like when you received the boxes,
with the ethernet cable, hard reboot of the ADSL box, then connect the HD.
try it, then do a hard reboot of the HD,...or several,
that's how I managed to do it. -
already done, it doesn't change anything, the LCD of my HD case is empty...
any idea???
I think the HD case is dead!!!
Rabert -
I had the same problem with my hard drive, had to go through the phone hotline, they replaced it for me.
-
Ok thanks, he is replacing the HD case normally...
We'll see... -
What is the brand or brands of batteries compatible with the Free TV remote control?
-
The problem comes from the infrared connector
There must be a manufacturing defect
I struggled, but Free changed the HD box for me and since then: no problems.
Very important: when you call Free's hotline (after hours)
make sure to mention that you tested the HD box with someone in your circle who has an HD Freebox
otherwise they will keep you going in circles for a long time.
Good luck -
@djmikeYes, I spent the whole afternoon with customer support but nothing worked; they are going to send me another remote control but no matter how much I tell them it’s the box, I did a cross test with my neighbor but they don’t understand anything. How did you proceed?
Thank you. -
@mgabi55According to what I remember
I announced all the tests that Free requires to test the remote control, then I contacted them to explain that I had tested the HD box with a friend's remote control and there was no reaction, while testing my remote control on his box worked. Then Free asked me for the name and address of the person with whom I had conducted the tests (long live trust).
A week later, the exchange was made.
A piece of advice: if you encounter someone who is unhelpful, remember that you will come across someone more competent.
Good luck
-
-
forcing with Free to change your HD box
especially cross-test the remote control and with the phone number name of the Free neighbor box MAC number
but how to see a call duration with the hotline if it's not more
if you have another solution, I'm all ears -
Hello
my Freebox remote control is broken, could you please tell me how I can buy a new one? Thank you
best regards -
But commercially, that's zero. Given the number of similar problems, the least that could be done is not to try to pull the wool over our eyes at Free. Their box is crap, end of story. And buying a remote control when the previous one works is on the verge of forced selling. A subtle limit.
I'm going to look elsewhere.-
-
@SasanAS I SAID ABOVE
it's really a hassle with Free
grouping, trying at a neighbor's, etc.
of course the same problem
on the remote control
AND YOU'RE THE ONE PAYING FOR SUPPORT WHILE OTHERS NO LONGER HAVE TO WITH FREE'S SECRET CODE TO OVERCHARGE YOU FOR SUPPORT
BUT THEY WILL CHANGE IT ONCE YOU'VE PAID WITH SUPPORT
STAY STRONG -
@MGABI55Hello
I indeed had the same problem, the remote control not working on the V5 box.
I suggest before doing a hard reboot, to see if it’s not an interference between the TV's infrared and the HD box.
In my case, I taped a piece of photo film over the TV's infrared receiver and everything works wonderfully again. Good luck to everyone.
Happy end of year celebrations.
-
-
I have the same problem!! It must be the HD box!!!!!! Damn it
but the helpline is too expensive, does anyone have another solution?? -
Hi everyone
So I have a problem...
I receive the picture but there's no way to make either of my two remote controls for my two Freeboxes work.
I'm on Freeplug, so here's what I just wrote to Free:
Hello
Following an order for a second HD Freebox, I want to express my dissatisfaction because it does not work. I receive the picture just fine, but I cannot change the channel with the remote. I can't access the channels even after trying with another remote, and I tested it at my brother's place; both remotes work well. As of today, I am sure the HD Freebox is faulty, so I would like someone to come and check the equipment, and I warn you that I will not pay any bill and I will not sign any papers. A piece of advice: stop selling crap; otherwise, you will lose your customers.
Regards
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, so please respond to me
Thanks to you-
-
-
Same for me. I'm on my second TV box, and this piece of crap remote only works when it feels like it. If someone from Free reads this forum, they should know that for many users, Free is a company of incompetent morons. Proof: no one from there reads the forums about their products... a bunch of idiots, I'm telling you.
-
-
Hello everyone,
I had the remote control that stopped working, so after reading the comments about rebooting multiple times, the result didn't change.
However, after analyzing the situation better, we realized one thing and the solution is very simple when the remote control malfunctions.
Here it is:
there is a button to press regarding the remote control behind the Blu-ray box.
A small button at the bottom of the Freebox note.
You press it and you just have to follow the instructions.
No need to do unnecessary reboots anymore.
Good luck to everyone.
-
- 1
- 2
- 3
Next