Remote control and HD Freebox box
Solved
Hello,
my Freebox remote control is not working anymore... Before ordering a new one from Free, I wanted to know if it's possible that the problem
actually comes from the HD box (like it can no longer receive the remote control signal), knowing that it still works for television reception (and we can change channels, increase the volume, by acting directly on it).
Thank you for your insights! Bye Gilles
my Freebox remote control is not working anymore... Before ordering a new one from Free, I wanted to know if it's possible that the problem
actually comes from the HD box (like it can no longer receive the remote control signal), knowing that it still works for television reception (and we can change channels, increase the volume, by acting directly on it).
Thank you for your insights! Bye Gilles
48 answers
-
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem with my remote control! You first need to check that the remote is emitting a signal; for that, check if the red light comes on when you press a button. You can verify this by filming yourself or taking a picture while pointing the device at the remote, if no one can help you check. In my case, the remote is working normally. If it’s the same for you, that might save you from buying a new remote!
You can also check your remote on another HD box if you know someone who has one. Similarly, you can try your box with another remote.
Finally, you can always attempt a hard reboot of your box (unplugging and replugging it manually 5 times while holding down a button on the box). This resets your box (but erases everything on its hard drive). Unfortunately for me, this didn’t work! If you find yourself in the same situation as me and find a solution, please let me know!
Good luck! Laure-
Merci beaucoup, miss, ta 2ème méthode a très bien marché. Ça faisait 2 semaines que je n'avais plus de télécommande, j'allais en commander une autre et attendre 3 semaines !! Grâce à toi, ma télécommande remarche, merci encore !! Et bon courage à tous les autres, car ce n'est pas facile !! Bisous à tout le monde !!!
-
-
-
-
-
-
Hello, my remote control doesn't work anymore and I would like to know what to do. If you know, it would be nice of you to reply. Thanks in advance <3
-
Bjr, my remote control is not working anymore and I would like to know what to do. If you know, it would be nice to reply to me, thanks in advance <3
-
Hello, my freebox remote control is not working anymore before ordering a new one from Free.
-
You can install a remote control software on your smartphone (Android), and it's free. Before changing the remote control, try this one!
-
I had this problem, it is resolved, thanks to the message from
Momo, thanks to him: press the black button behind the Freebox and the free and AV buttons on the remote control
By the way, thanks to those who respond without knowing, it’s getting worse and worse on this forum... the worst was someone writing that after 5 reboots the entire hard drive is erased, lol, what nonsense, check before you write!! -
I just had my remote control repaired by a Free technician, so I would like to clarify the responses from April 15 and 18:
Phase A: press the black button on the back of the decoder until the TV gives instructions for the remote control and follow them
If the remote control still does not allow you to proceed with the instructions, remaining silent:
Phase B:
1) unplug the decoder (HD box)
2) hold down the black button while reconnecting the decoder
3) follow the instructions (apparently, you will need to press the button again and go through Phase A, which should work this time)-
-
-
Even simpler procedure that works the first time (when the HD Freebox doesn't have a button at the back):
- unplug the HD box,
- place the remote control on this box,
- perform a hard reboot (press one of the buttons on the front of the box, hold it, and plug it back in).
This way, the update is done for both the box and the remote control. -
-
-
Good evening everyone, I followed the advice to reset the HD box: unplug the box, then press the reset button located on the back of the box and keep it pressed while plugging the HD box back in. A menu then appeared offering options that I confirmed, and everything went back to normal. However, I don't know why all of a sudden my box stopped working.
Best regards. -
I just had this remote control issue; I simply pressed the small
black button on the remote control box (grey USB), a sync message appeared when I pressed FREE and AV, and the remote control started working again. This might be a solution to your problems. -
Hello
I had the same problem as you, and I was able to solve it simply by changing the batteries in my remote control and then unplugging the ADSL box for 10 seconds.
Once reconnected, let the three steps proceed quietly, and then the remote control works again.
It worked for me, good luck. -
Hello
I have exactly the same problem with my remote control! First, you need to
go behind the Freebox player and unplug the power supply, then press a small black button at the back of the player while reconnecting the power supply
and follow the on-screen instructions
for me it works.-
Maestro's hack works! We cut the power cord, press the (lowercase) black button behind the Player while reconnecting the cord.
Strangely, the trouble started after installing Angry Birds! The kids were able to play for 20 minutes, then no more controls.
I’m uninstalling those cursed birds, and too bad for the cries of despair!
-
-
(remote control unlocking)
leave your TV on the free program, where it gives you the choice of menus (TV, hard drive, etc....)
on the Blu-ray box where you can play CDs, DVDs, and everything you want...
behind it, you will find where you plug in your cables, there is a small button (reset) you press it and it restores your remote control.
you just have to read the instructions on your TV screen.
problem solved in 30 seconds. -
Behind the Freebox connected to the television, there is a black button; you reboot it and that's it.
-
Hello everyone
So I had the same problem as everyone else: no connection between the remote control and the HD box,
The remote control is good, tested on a mobile phone, and as we do in the workshop for TV remotes on
a transistor radio in AM (hold it about 10 cm from the radio, and if you hear beeps in the speakers, it's good to go!!
The remedy:
You need to do a "hard reboot" of your box "not a simple one" but a big one, (unplug and plug back in 5 TIMES manually while holding down a button on the box the whole time. This resets your box to zero (but erases everything on its hard drive). AND for me, it worked perfectly!
Good luck!
Jean-Pierre, TV, HIFI, VIDEO repair technician!!!! -
After two days of good and faithful service (!), my remote control stopped working. I simply unplugged the TV box and plugged it back in. After the series of startup messages, the remote control turned out to be functional.
May this simpler method be helpful to anyone.
Have a good evening. -
I confirm, the hard reboot (pressing and holding a button on the front, unplugging the power supply from the Freebox TV box, plugging it back in, waiting 5 seconds, releasing the button) made my remote control work again.
-
Another tip in case your Free remote is not working:
Check if there is a button stuck down!!!
For me, the R button (the ear = the button on the side) was stuck down. As a result, no commands were working, and it's very hard not to believe that the remote is broken. -
Same problem, I moved and since then, the remote control is not recognized by the box anymore.
Solution found for those who have the Windows sidebar:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/gadgets-have-been-discontinued-0ef81ec8-e3cd-41d9-d129-c74e91d91d0b
A remote control widget that allows me to use the HD box remote from my PC.
It's a bit annoying at first, but on a laptop, it's convenient for example.
It's a good troubleshooting solution. -
Hello,
I had the problem with the box that was unresponsive to the remote control.
After leaving it unplugged for several days, I turned it back on yesterday, it loaded a new firmware, and the remote control works again.
For your information, I used Free's chat, which allows for free communication with a technician (no need to go through the phone hotline). -
Good evening, I had a problem not that similar, my remote control no longer sends a signal to the box :'( please help me (I read all your comments but no procedure works)
- 1
- 2
- 3
Next