GRAPHTEC STUDIO synchronization issue and GRAPHTEC CE5000-60 plotter

Hello,
I've been trying to get my plotter working for 2 days but it's impossible! I downloaded GRAPHTEC STUDIO after trying with CUTTING MASTER 4 through ILLUSTRATOR without success.

The plotter is correctly detected by the GS software but remains in "SYNCHRONIZATION" mode.

Thank you for your help.

5 answers

  1. Maybe a USB port problem...
    Did you install the plotter driver correctly during its first connection?
    0
    1. I think so, but I will start over because I had some doubts about it ;) Thank you for your response.
      0
      1. Actually, I have the impression that I haven't installed the correct driver. While searching, I can't find a driver for MAC 10.14 for this C5000-60 machine. Do you have any idea where to look?
        0
      2. The FIRMWARE offered on this site is for PC (.EXE). For the GS version, I took the previous version because the latest one is for 64-bit processors. My MAC has a 32-bit processor. I do have the correct version of GS for that :/
        0
      3. That's not what I understand from the explanations on the site.. Firmawe is for both PCs and MACs..
        However, Cutting Master 4 does not work on MAC.. only CM3 is compatible.. and up to MAC OS 10.12.
        As for GS, it varies depending on your OS version.. which one do you have?
        0
      4. @KSF

        Go to the website http://graphtecamerica.com, everything you need is there.

        0
    2. Hello, sorry for my late reply. I am on OS version 10.14.
      0
      1. With your OS, you need to use Graphtec Studio Ver.3.0.032...
        Follow the specific instructions on the Graphtec website to reset the installation if you have installed another version before...
        And check the firmware of the plotter....
        0
        1. Thanks, I'm going to download it and try it this weekend ;)
          0
        2. I tested it and still nothing works. It remains in SYNCHRONIZATION mode. I went to the FIREWALL settings on the Mac to check the USB ports and the firewall is disabled. It is therefore completely free.
          0
        3. @KSFAnd on the plotter firmware side??
          Do you have the correct version?
          0
        4. I don't know?
          0
        5. The firmware version should appear on the display during initialization when you turn on the machine... or in the options menu.
          However, to update it... you will need to check the manual... it varies depending on the models.

          Connecting a device to a MAC has become a real hassle to the point that some software publishers and hardware manufacturers are offering to set up a PC emulation to solve the problems!!
          0
      2. I looked and there is no information on the subject of FIRMWARE. I went into the options and there is no trace of FIRMWARE! My plotter is an old model and the basic functions might explain that???
        0
        1. It is Ste Ankersmit that represents Graphtec in France...
          http://www.ankersmit.fr/contact.html
          It might be simpler to ask them the question by email... They will know how to check if your plotter is connectable or not on a MAC...
          0
        2. Alright, thank you, I will contact them :)
          0