I just logged into one of my email boxes and I just noticed that there are no messages at all, everything is erased.
I haven’t connected to this mailbox for more than a year, but still.
How can I recover my content please.
Hello, Well, since it’s empty, I think… it’s mission impossible.
The enemy is stupid: he thinks we are the enemy when it’s actually him! Pierre Desproges
Anonymous user
Hello Sonia,
Three hypotheses:
- The account was hacked by breaking the password and the inbox emptied by the hacker.
- A device (phone, tablet, email client software) was started and configured in POP, not leaving a copy on the server. The messages were thus downloaded to that device and deleted from the server.
- A device configured in IMAP (thus syncing with the server) was started and the incoming messages were deleted there as well, therefore also deleted from the server.
In all cases, what is deleted on an online account is always irrecoverable. Hence the benefit of using an email client that stores messages locally on the computer. You can then back up.
HelpiOS
Moderator
Hello,
Since you have not logged in for more than a year, your account has been set to inactive before being deleted. By logging in, you have just reactivated your account before it is permanently deleted.
To recover your emails, you can try sending a recovery request to Yahoo. However, only emails deleted within the last 7 days can be restored. -- Sincerely ☆ HelpiOS We are doing our best to help you.