NVIDIA GeForce 820m driver issues

Hello,

I bought a new PC 3 days ago and since this morning, my NVIDIA GeForce 820m graphics card is not working anymore. In the Device Manager, it has a yellow warning icon and this description: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" What should I do? Please, I really need help! Thank you in advance!

My PC is an Acer Aspire E 17 with an Intel Pentium CPU N3540, 4GB of RAM, running Windows 8.1 (64-bit).

11 answers

  1. hi

    did you update the driver for your Nvidia card?

    cya

    --
    the radiation level is higher at the unemployment office than at Chernobyl
    0
    1. Yes, but I did it after that bug thinking it would fix everything! But no..
      0
    2. Hello,
      Same problem with the same PC :/ But it was working fine for 6 months. The only issue is that I can't even access the Nvidia control panel, which won't start anymore :/ HELP
      Thanks
      0
  2. re

    apparently the driver isn't working on your PC (code 43)

    check if you can do a system restore to a date prior to your issue

    https://www.commentcamarche.net/informatique/windows/147-restaurer-windows-avec-les-points-de-restauration/

    PS: if you don't have a restore point prior to your issue,

    give me the full reference of your PC (you have a label under the PC)

    let me know what it shows

    @+

    --
    the radiation level is higher at the job center than at Chernobyl
    1
    1. It didn't work to restore

      And do you want to know anything about the config?
      0
  3. re

    It didn't work to restore

    Can you tell me what didn't work?

    And what do you want to know about the config?

    The exact model of your PC "My PC is an Acer Aspire E 17"

    I don't see this model on the Acer website

    @+

    --
    The radiation level is higher at the employment office than at Chernobyl.
    0
    1. Well, restoring didn’t change anything about the state of the graphics card

      E 17 ES1-711G-P11R is an old model that I bought in clearance.
      0
  4. re

    I need the identifier of your driver (the first line is enough)

    https://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/35597-trouver-le-numero-d-identification-d-un-peripherique

    @+

    --
    the radiation level is higher at the employment office than in Chernobyl
    0
    1. PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1140&SUBSYS_093A1025&REV_A1
      0
  5. re

    I just saw your driver on your PC screen (sorry)

    I'm downloading it on my PC (for testing) and I'll be back

    @ see you soon

    --
    the radiation level is higher at the employment office than at Chernobyl
    0
    1. Okay, thank you very much.
      0
  6. re

    download this driver to your DESKTOP click here

    you need to "unzip" it with 7zip (for example)

    the link if needed https://www.7-zip.org/

    take the 64 bits version for your pc

    when the driver is unzipped, double click to open it and right-click on the SETUP (run as administrator)

    PS: you may need to uninstall the driver currently on your pc before installing the new one

    let me know how it goes

    @+

    --
    the radiation level is higher at the job center than at Chernobyl
    0
    1. Without restarting, it didn't do anything.
      0
  7. re

    Without restarting, it did nothing

    restart the PC, and let me know what it does

    @+

    --
    the radiation level is higher at the employment center than at Chernobyl
    0
    1. Nothing to change :(
      0
  8. re

    remove the driver you downloaded to your desktop

    download this driver to your DESKTOP CLICK HERE

    uninstall the Nvidia graphics card device via the device manager (right click >> uninstall)

    run ccleaner >> cleaner + registry

    restart the pc and install the new driver

    let me know how it goes

    @+

    --
    the radiation level is higher at the unemployment office than at Chernobyl
    0
    1. Still not :'(<
      0
    2. Thanks a lot for your help! ;) But I've decided to return it since I'm still under warranty and they're sending a new one :) I hope I won't have the problem again xD
      0
  9. re

    no problem for the help^^

    I hope your issue will be resolved with customer service

    I will ask to mark the topic as "resolved"

    @+

    --
    the radiation level is higher at the unemployment office than at Chernobyl
    0
    1. Ok, so the problem fixed itself right after I called customer service --' I really have no luck --'
      0
  10. OK! My problem is happening again! --' same situation... but now I don't have any customer service anymore..
    0
    1. Hi

      OK! My problem is back! --' same situation... but now I don’t have any more customer service..

      the warranty for the PC is not over

      @+

      --
      the radiation level is higher at the employment office than in Chernobyl
      0