DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error code

Solved
Hello,

since yesterday I have this message only when I try to connect to Facebook: Error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.

I can browse everywhere except on Facebook, I have a Mediaserv box (provider in the West Indies).
I tried with another PC and on my Android, it's the same thing!

Everything works well, I can browse everywhere except on FB, I tried with IE, with Mozilla and Chrome but nothing works, I disabled my antivirus, I checked my firewall settings and since nothing has been changed, I don't understand.
Elsewhere (outside my home), I can access my FB page
thanks for your help

Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 35.0.1916.153

14 answers

  1. Hello,

    Try going to "Network and Sharing Center" > "Change adapter settings" >

    - Then right-click on the connected network adapter, "Properties."
    - A window will open, you need to find "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" in the list > Then click on "Properties" > Check "Use the following DNS server addresses" and enter 8.8.8.8.

    8.8.8.8 is a DNS server from Google.

    Click OK.
    211
    1. Thank you for the info, I had this problem every time I wanted to connect to the internet via Wi-Fi. Thanks to this little trick, the problem is solved.
      0
    2. Thank you very much, I was encountering the same problem and this workaround just solved everything! Thanks again.
      0
    3. Thank you very much.
      0
    4. Why isn't it working for me?
      0
    5. Thank you :)
      0