DB9 Cable: Crossover or Straight?

Hello everyone,

How can you tell if a DB9 (or DB25) cable is a crossover cable or a straight-through cable?

Sure, you can plug it in and see "if it works", but is there a simpler and faster way?

Thank you for your responses.

6 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,
    DB9 right = male / female
    DB9 crossbred = male / male
    --
    The urgent is done, the impossible is in progress,
    For miracles, please allow some time...
    9
    1. Hello

      You can determine your cable by looking at the color of the wires on one of the plugs (if they are transparent)

      Here I think you have a good schematic! :
      http://polmeguimafr.free.fr/raccordement.html
      6
      1. Ne pas confondre le RJ45 avec le DB9 (série) et le câble 25 broches (parallèle).
        0
    2. Contributor
      Thank you for your response, insomniak.

      Unfortunately, DB9 or DB25 connectors are generally not transparent or detachable, which does not make things easier...
      1
      1. Good evening everyone

        I have a straight DB9 cable and a female-male adapter. I cut wires 2 and 3 and crossed them (wire 2 with 3 and 3 with 2), aside from wire 5, should I cut the other wires (1, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9)?

        Thanks in advance and see you soon.

        Brièdj
        4
        1. No, no need for it as soon as you've done it, as you say so well, it's fine.
          -3