Thunderbird: I've lost everything!!!

Hello,
I think I've just made a big mistake... I uninstalled Thunderbird, more or less unwillingly (I’ll spare you the details) and of course, I didn’t save anything... Is there a way to go back, to reinstall it with all the past data? Because now, I've lost everything, my emails and my contacts! HELP!!!
Thanks in advance to anyone who responds, even if it's just to tell me that technology is great, but it doesn't perform miracles...!
Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0

7 answers

  1. Contributor
    hello
    show hidden files
    go to C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles
    there should be folders NAME.default
    go inside, check in Mail
    2
    1. Thank you very much for this response, Dubcek, but I'm afraid I've made an irreversible manipulation...
      I did exactly as you told me, but when I click on profiles, the folder is empty.
      0
      1. Contributor
        launch a search on the entire disk, including hidden files in local folders
        reinstalling Thunderbird does not delete user data
        0
        1. But my problem doesn't come from the fact that I reinstalled Thunderbird... But from the fact that I uninstalled it... That's worrying, right?
          0
      2. Contributor
        No, it's the same thing, since reinstalling means uninstalling and then installing. Do a search. Unless, I don't remember, he asks the question of deleting personal data during the uninstallation, and if you answered yes and did not back up, ouch... try data recovery software.
        0
        1. Thank you for all this advice, but really, I can't manage it...
          After entering NOMBRE.default and then mail, I have 2 folders: "local folders" and "pop.mail.yahoo.fr".
          When I open the first one, I have a bunch of files (drafts, inbox, msgfilterRules, sent, trash, etc.). When I open the second one, it's pretty much the same, but there are fewer files. I tried to open these files. For some, I can't do it, for others, I get a blank page filled with incomprehensible lines of writing! Anyway, it’s all Chinese to me!
          In desperation, I reinstalled Thunderbird, thinking I might find everything back like that, but that didn't work either...
          I think I will ask someone more skilled than me to come and fiddle with my computer!
          In any case, thank you very much for your patience!
          0
      3. Contributor
        it must be in local folders
        check the file sizes
        did the reinstallation create a new folder in Profile?
        if so, it would be necessary to copy them there
        0
        1. Sorry, but for now, I'm giving up...
          Thank you for the time you took to help me!
          0
      4. Contributor
        they might be in local folders
        0
        1. I made a mistake and lost my main messaging service from .
          I don't know how to reinstall it.
          Thank you for helping me.
          0