Driver issue

Solved
Good evening to all of you!

I have a little problem :s
I recently bought a laptop by mail: Extensa 7620, OS: Vista

The problem is that Vista crashed on the first use (so much fun ^^), and since the reboot CD was not provided, the customer service people told me to "manage it", so I took the initiative to reboot my computer with a regular XP CD

I had to reinstall all the drivers, and that's where I have an issue. The website: acer-europe.com offers all the drivers to install on the computer, but I installed everything and the graphics driver doesn't work :s, there's no way to play games on the PC or even emulators

I would like to know how to find out the brand of my graphics card (it was a gift from a friend and there was almost no info on the graphics card...) and where I could download the necessary driver

That's my problem =s
I'm sorry if this question has already been asked, but I couldn’t find it :s

Thank you very much (I hope I was precise enough; if not, just ask me ^^)
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 3.0

18 answers

  1. Hello
    I can't install my mobile phone on my computer. The camera of the phone is recognized, but for the device, it asks for a disk that I don't have. I don't know what to do; the mobile phone is a Nokia 3110C and the laptop is an HP. Thank you.
    0
    1. Contributor
      You're welcome

      after that you can update the driver (in the device manager)

      a few small configuration settings and that's it, your display will be fine

      see you later
      --
      O.o°• I don't know if you know what I know you won't be able to know, well go figure! •°o.O

      °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
      0
      1. Gouby! I love you!

        Thank you so much, you saved me from an awful and huge bill from the computer technician

        The problem is solved thanks to you! Thank you for everything!

        Well, the only issue is that my desktop resolution has changed a lot, and I can't find a wallpaper =) and my login is slightly off, but other than that, everything is fine

        Thanks again for your kindness and help, and I'm sorry if I made you waste a bit of time ^^

        Thanks again!
        0
        1. Contributor
          tell me if it works

          --
          O.o°• I don't know if you know what I know that you won't be able to know, well go figure! •°o.O

          °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
          0
          1. Thank you for everything, it's nice of you to lend me a hand ^^
            0
            1. Contributor
              ok
              good luck
              --
              O.o°• I don't know if you know what I know that you won't be able to know, well go figure!•°o.O

              °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
              0
              1. "Additional information

                Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) drivers for motherboards equipped with an Intel graphics chipset

                That's what's mentioned in the driver overview

                Well, I'll give it a try and if it doesn't work I'll reboot it again, but this time I'll take the drivers from 'touslesdrivers.com' so at least I'll be safe ><"
                0
                1. Contributor
                  It's on all the drivers that they tell you that you need the Intel chipsets?
                  --
                  O.o°• I don't know if you know what I know that you won't be able to know, well go figure! •°o.O

                  °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
                  0
                  1. All the missing drivers on my system are only compatible with an Intel chipset while mine is an Acer, is that the problem?

                    Edit: sorry for the flood =s
                    0
                    1. Yes, I deleted them gradually
                      Thank you for the site, I will check it out ^^
                      I'll keep you updated =)
                      0
                      1. Contributor
                        Okay, did you properly uninstall everything you installed before installing something else?

                        Have you tried allthedrivers.com, the "my drivers" tab? It automatically detects your drivers and helps you find them on the web.
                        --
                        O.o°• I don't know if you know what I know that you won't be able to know, well go figure! •°o.O

                        °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
                        0
                        1. I tried the 3 but Intel makes my computer "bug out", it becomes completely misaligned and has vertical "bars" :s, and the others don't work, Nvidia lags my computer :s, only ATI doesn't do anything special :s
                          0
                          1. Contributor
                            Can you check if you have an ATI, NVIDIA, or integrated Intel, because on the Acer website, they offer all three

                            --
                            O.o°• I don't know if you know what I know you won't be able to know, well go figure! •°o.O

                            °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
                            0
                            1. Well, I don't know :s I have a laptop and I prefer not to open it too much...
                              And before I reboot, the emulators were working fine, so...
                              0
                              1. Contributor
                                According to the Everest report, you don't have a graphics card?

                                Is it properly seated in your PC?
                                --
                                O.o°• I don't know if you know what I know that you won't be able to know, well, who knows! •°o.O

                                °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
                                0
                                1. Contributor
                                  Post a complete report, so that we can see the pilots you need

                                  --
                                  O.o°• I don't know if you know what I know that you won't be able to know, well go figure! •°o.O

                                  °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
                                  0
                                  1. EVEREST Home Edition © 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc.

                                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                    Version EVEREST v2.20.405/en
                                    Website http://www.lavalys.com/
                                    Report Type Report Generator
                                    Computer SALAUN-6E4B9FFB (Noralm)
                                    Generator Noralm
                                    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
                                    Date 2008-07-17
                                    Time 00:31

                                    Summary

                                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                    Computer:
                                    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
                                    System Service Pack Service Pack 2
                                    DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
                                    System Name SALAUN-6E4B9FFB (Noralm)
                                    User Name Noralm

                                    Motherboard:
                                    Processor Type Unknown, 1833 MHz (6 x 306)
                                    Motherboard Name Acer Extensa 7620
                                    Motherboard Chipset Unknown
                                    System Memory 2038 MB
                                    BIOS Type Phoenix (02/01/08)

                                    Multimedia:
                                    Audio Card Realtek HD Audio output

                                    Storage:
                                    IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
                                    IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
                                    IDE Controller Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller
                                    Hard Drive Hitachi HTS542525K9SA00 (232 GB, IDE)
                                    Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L632H
                                    Hard Drive Status SMART OK

                                    Partitions:
                                    C: (NTFS) 11334 MB (11258 MB free)
                                    D: (NTFS) 227129 MB (211344 MB free)
                                    Total Size 232.9 GB (217.4 GB free)

                                    Input:
                                    Keyboard Standard 101/102 Keys or Microsoft Natural Keyboard PS/2
                                    Mouse Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad

                                    Network:
                                    Network Card Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (192.168.0.11)
                                    Modem HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

                                    Devices:
                                    Battery Microsoft AC Adapter
                                    Battery ACPI Compliant Microsoft Battery

                                    DMI

                                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                    [ BIOS ]

                                    BIOS Properties:
                                    Vendor Phoenix Technologies LTD
                                    Version V1.32
                                    Release Date 02/01/2008
                                    Size 1024 KB
                                    Boot Devices Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, CD-ROM
                                    Available Functions Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, BBS
                                    Complied Standards DMI, ACPI, ESCD, PnP
                                    Expansion Capabilities ISA, PCI, AGP, PCMCIA, USB

                                    [ System ]

                                    System Properties:
                                    Manufacturer Acer
                                    Product Extensa 7620
                                    Version 0100
                                    Serial Number LXEA90X0028130463F2000
                                    Universal Unique Identifier EC061CC0-FD1311DC-B9B8FC42-7F9D4DD8
                                    Boot Type Power Button

                                    [ Motherboard ]

                                    Motherboard Properties:
                                    Manufacturer Acer
                                    Product Tangiz
                                    Version Rev
                                    Serial Number LXEA90X0028130463F2000

                                    [ Chassis ]

                                    Chassis Properties:
                                    Manufacturer Acer
                                    Version N/A
                                    Serial Number None
                                    Label None
                                    Chassis Type Notebook
                                    Boot Status Safe
                                    Power Status Safe
                                    Temperature Conditions Safe
                                    Security Conditions None

                                    [ Processors / CPU Version ]

                                    CPU Properties:
                                    Manufacturer Intel
                                    CPU Version Version
                                    External Clock 166 MHz
                                    Max Clock Speed 1800 MHz
                                    Current Clock Speed 1800 MHz
                                    Type Central Processor
                                    Voltage 3.3 V
                                    Status Enabled
                                    Update ZIF
                                    Socket Identifiers U2E1

                                    [ Caches / L1 Cache ]

                                    Cache Properties:
                                    Type Internal
                                    Status Enabled
                                    Operation Mode Write-Back
                                    Max Size 64 KB
                                    Installed Size 64 KB
                                    Managed SRAM Type Asynchronous, Burst, Pipeline Burst
                                    Current SRAM Type Asynchronous
                                    Cache Level Identifier Level 1 Cache

                                    [ Caches / L2 Cache ]

                                    Cache Properties:
                                    Type Internal
                                    Status Enabled
                                    Operation Mode Write-Back
                                    Max Size 4096 KB
                                    Installed Size 2048 KB
                                    Managed SRAM Type Asynchronous, Burst, Pipeline Burst
                                    Current SRAM Type Burst
                                    Cache Level Identifier Level 2 Cache

                                    [ Memory Devices / M1 ]

                                    Memory Device Properties:
                                    Form Factor SODIMM
                                    Detailed Type Synchronous
                                    Size 1024 MB
                                    Speed 667 MHz
                                    Total Size 64 bits
                                    Data Width 64 bits
                                    Device Location M1
                                    Bank Number Bank 0
                                    Manufacturer Mfg 0
                                    Serial Number 1234-B0
                                    Component Type Number SODIMM000

                                    [ Memory Devices / M2 ]

                                    Memory Device Properties:
                                    Form Factor SODIMM
                                    Detailed Type Synchronous
                                    Size 1024 MB
                                    Speed 667 MHz
                                    Total Size 64 bits
                                    Data Width 64 bits
                                    Device Location M2
                                    Bank Number Bank 1
                                    Manufacturer Mfg 1
                                    Serial Number 1234-B1
                                    Component Type Number SODIMM001

                                    [ System Slots / PCI Slot J8B3 ]

                                    System Slot Properties:
                                    Slot Identifier PCI Slot J8B3
                                    Type PCI
                                    Data Bus Width 32 bits
                                    Length Long

                                    [ System Slots / PCI Slot S9B1 ]

                                    System Slot Properties:
                                    Slot Identifier PCI Slot S9B1
                                    Type PCI
                                    Data Bus Width 32 bits
                                    Length Long

                                    [ System Slots / PEG Slot J6B2 ]

                                    System Slot Properties:
                                    Slot Identifier PEG Slot J6B2
                                    Type PCI-E x1
                                    Usage Empty
                                    Data Bus Width 32 bits
                                    Length Long

                                    [ System Slots / PCI Express Slot J6B1 ]

                                    System Slot Properties:
                                    Slot Identifier PCI Express Slot J6B1
                                    Type PCI-E x1
                                    Usage Used
                                    Data Bus Width 32 bits
                                    Length Long

                                    [ System Slots / PCI Express Slot J6D1 ]

                                    System Slot Properties:
                                    Slot Identifier PCI Express Slot J6D1
                                    Type PCI-E x1
                                    Usage Used
                                    Data Bus Width 32 bits
                                    Length Long

                                    [ System Slots / PCI Express Slot J8B4 ]

                                    System Slot Properties:
                                    Slot Identifier PCI Express Slot J8B4
                                    Type PCI-E x1
                                    Usage Empty
                                    Data Bus Width 32 bits
                                    Length Long

                                    [ System Slots / PCI Express Slot J8D1 ]

                                    System Slot Properties:
                                    Slot Identifier PCI Express Slot J8D1
                                    Type PCI-E x1
                                    Usage Empty
                                    Data Bus Width 32 bits
                                    Length Long

                                    [ System Slots / PCI Express Slot J7B1 ]

                                    System Slot Properties:
                                    Slot Identifier PCI Express Slot J7B1
                                    Type PCI-E x1
                                    Data Bus Width 32 bits
                                    Length Long

                                    Overclock

                                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                    CPU Properties:
                                    Processor Type Unknown
                                    (CPUID) Processor Name Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz
                                    (CPUID) Revision 000006FDh

                                    CPU Speed:
                                    CPU Clock Speed 1828.62 MHz (original: 1833 MHz)
                                    CPU Multiplier 6.0x
                                    CPU FSB 304.77 MHz

                                    CPU Cache:
                                    Level 1 Code Cache 32 KB
                                    Level 1 Data Cache 32 KB
                                    Level 2 Cache 2 MB (On-Die, ATC, Full-Speed)

                                    Motherboard Properties:
                                    Motherboard Identifier <DMI>
                                    Motherboard Name Acer Extensa 7620

                                    BIOS Properties:
                                    System BIOS Date 02/01/08
                                    Video BIOS Date Unknown
                                    BIOS Version V1.32

                                    Power Saving

                                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                    Power Management:
                                    Current Power Source AC Power
                                    Battery Status 100 % (High Level)
                                    Full Battery Usage Time Unknown
                                    Remaining Usage Time Unknown

                                    Sensor

                                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                    Sensor Properties:
                                    Sensor Type HDD

                                    Temperatures:
                                    Processor 43 °C (109 °F)
                                    Hitachi HTS542525K9SA00 47 °C (117 °F)

                                    Processor

                                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                    Processor Properties:
                                    Processor Type Unknown, 1833 MHz (6 x 306)
                                    Instruction Set x86, x86-64, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3
                                    Original Clock Speed 1833 MHz
                                    Level 1 Code Cache 32 KB
                                    Level 1 Data Cache 32 KB
                                    Level 2 Cache 2 MB (On-Die, ATC, Full-Speed)

                                    Multi CPU:
                                    CPU #0 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz, 1828 MHz
                                    CPU #1 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz, 1828 MHz

                                    CPU Usage:
                                    CPU #1 / Core #1 / HTT Unit #1 0 %
                                    CPU #1 / Core #1 / HTT Unit #2 100 %

                                    CPUID

                                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                    (CPUID) Properties:
                                    (CPUID) Manufacturer GenuineIntel
                                    (CPUID) Processor Name Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz
                                    (CPUID) Revision 000006FDh
                                    (IA) Brand ID 00h (Unknown)
                                    Platform ID 08h (Mobile uFCPGA/uFCBGA)
                                    (IA) Processor Serial Number Unknown
                                    Microcode Revision Update A3
                                    HTT / CMP Units 1 / 0

                                    Instruction Set:
                                    64-bit x86 Extensions (AMD64, EM64T) Supported
                                    Alternate Instruction Set Not Supported
                                    AMD 3DNow! Not Supported
                                    AMD 3DNow! Professional Not
                                    0
                                2. Contributor
                                  Hello

                                  Can you post a report from Everest so we can know your configuration and therefore the model of your graphics card

                                  Also, take a look in the device manager to see if you have any yellow points
                                  Device Manager

                                  --
                                  O.o°• I don't know if you know what I know that you won't be able to know, well go figure! •°o.O

                                  °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
                                  0
                                  1. Ok, thanks for responding so quickly =)
                                    But which part of the report should I provide, please?

                                    Otherwise, the only devices with yellow dots are:
                                    Other devices:
                                    - SM Bus Controller
                                    - Ethernet Controller
                                    - Video Controller
                                    - VGA-compatible Video Controller
                                    0