ACPI driver issue hpq0004

Solved
Hello,
I have an HP 6830s laptop, I downgraded to install XP, I have installed all the drivers from the HP website but I have an unknown device. Everest identifies the hardware as follows:

Driver description: Unknown
Hardware identification: ACPI\HPQ0004
PnP device: HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor

Does anyone have any idea about this device and the required drivers?
Thank you
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 3.0.4

1 answer

  1. Hello first of all,

    Here is a late reply (I'm sorry) : :op

    You need to install the HP 3D DriveGuard

    :)
    39
    1. Thanks, man. Don't be sorry; it's nice of you to reply, but I forgot to update my post. It's been a while since I found the solution, and it was indeed the HP 3D DriveGuard that needed to be installed.

      ;)
      4
    2. Thank you for your idea. I encountered the same problem with another HP Probook model and it solved this issue for me!
      0
    3. Yeah, thanks, I had that problem too and now it’s working!! :)
      0
    4. Well done guys... Same issue with a Windows Seven Pro 32-bit on an HP Pavilion DV6 laptop.
      I found this article thanks to the product identification code: HPQ0004.

      Knowledge is only valuable when it's shared.
      0
    5. Yeah, thanks man, I had the same problem with HP ProBook 4515s and now it's working again!! Thanks :)

      Josse
      0