Agfa XP Scanner Drivers (Snapscan 310)

I am looking for a driver for an Agfa scanner, Model SnapScan 310
on Windows XP Pro.
I have already tried Photo Look and Scanwise, which do not work.
Thank you for your help.

28 answers

  1. I am looking for a driver for an Agfa scanner, Model SnapScan 310
    on Windows XP Pro.
    I have already tried Photo Look and Scanwise, which do not work.

    I installed the driver, the device is properly installed and recognized in the devices, the driver is good, but when I launch Snapwise, it asks me to connect or turn on the scanner, which I do but it does not appear in the list to select.
    The same happens if I try with Photoshop.
    Thank you for your help.
    0
    1. Xp and SP1 or 2 are going to war with Agfa
      To address this issue, go to program files/scanwise2_00 and find the file cnfgvars.txt

      In this file, look for the line /USE_ASPI, there should normally be a 0 to the right of /USE_ASPI, just replace it with 1

      Thank you canard27, forum.hardware.fr
      1
      1. Hello and thank you for the reply, but my AGFA scanner is a Snapscan 600 and not a 310.
        Is your solution also valid for this model?
        Thank you.
        Best regards.
        0
    2. Hello,
      In desperation, try this software/shareware: "VueScan"

      Available at: www.hamrick.com

      You can try it, and if it suits you, its price is around $40 USD currently.
      It provides a driver that works with nearly 700 scanners!!!
      It operates on XP and Vista.

      It's a last resort, of course not free, but a bit cheaper than a basic scanner; if yours is good, it might be worth it!
      0
      1. Try this software/shareware: "VueScan"

        at: www.hamrick.com

        It allows you to use over 700 scanners!

        If it works and you decide to buy it, it will cost you about $40 US.
        It's not free, but it's a well-known last resort...

        So, it might be worth it! It's up to you...
        Best regards.
        0
        1. Hello
          but I have an IRQ problem with the SCSI card on the ISA bus under XP. I think the problem comes from there! How to change the IRQ of the card which is 15 like the secondary file, please? Thank you.
          0
          1. Please send me the response, and I look forward to it.
            Thank you in advance.
            0
            1. Hello
              I have a SnapScan 310 for the drivers, I think it's fine! But I have an IRQ problem with the SCSI card on the ISA bus under XP, I think the problem comes from there! How to change the IRQ of the card, which is 15 like the secondary filo please, thank you.
              0
              1. The solution exists for the 310P !!!

                I have an Agfa 310P scanner that works perfectly under XP.

                Everything is available at this address http://scandriver.site.voila.fr/

                See you later!
                0
                1. Hi Fred, I stumbled upon your message on the forum (2004 !!). You suggested a method to make the Snapscan 310 P work on XP, but the link no longer exists. If you could provide me with some information, I would be infinitely grateful. Thank you. PS my personal email: m.piana@wanadoo.fr
                  0
              2. Bonjour, je recherche le pilote du scanner Agfa 310 sous XP, merci.
                0
                1. Hi Alain,

                  Actually, it doesn't exist, I went to the AGFA website and they clearly state that they will never release a driver for winxp for this scanner (SNAPSCAN 310 Parallel port) and that if we really want to use it, we should dual boot with win2K, Me, or 98 !!!!!!!

                  I tried all sorts of solutions and none of them work !!!!!

                  THANK YOU AGFA !!!!!!!!!!!!! ;op

                  Catch you later Alain, sorry again !! I'm in the same situation as you !!! :o(
                  0
              3. Hello everyone, here’s what I found, if it can help some of you, here it is!!!!

                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Il existe 2 versions de ce scanner, un 310P (port parallèle) et un 310S (port SCSI)

                Les pilotes du 310S sont ici :
                http://www.agfa.com/digicam_scanner.../snapscan_310s/

                Agfa n'a pas de pilotes XP pour le 310P. Ils ont des pilotes Windows 2000 qui PEUVENT fonctionner sous XP. Ils sont ici :
                ftp://EndUser:243dsf9d@cso4.agfa.co...SP_EZ_V1401.EXE

                Pour essayer cela, créez un point de restauration sous XP au cas où cela ne fonctionnerait pas correctement.
                Ensuite, installez les pilotes. Vous devrez peut-être également définir le fichier exe en mode de compatibilité Windows 2000.

                Je crois que c'est un scanner Acer 310P rebrandé et Acer a des pilotes XP disponibles ici :
                http://www.benq.com/ss_download/dri...scan_v3424p.exe
                0
                1. To install the snapscan 310P on XP:

                  http://scandriver.site.voila.fr/

                  You will find a detailed method tested on several configurations.

                  Fred 50.
                  0
                  1. Hello,

                    I would have liked to try what you propose in this link (I just installed XP and I'm eager to use my SnapScan 310), unfortunately, with a year gap the link is dead.
                    Is there any way to access it otherwise?
                    Thank you in advance.
                    Bernard
                    0
                2. Contributor
                  Hello,
                  I am looking for a SCSI card compatible with this type of scanner, which brand and model should I search for on eBay, please?
                  Notes: A PCI port card only, the one provided was ISA, and I do not have any ports of that type.
                  0
                  1. Hello,

                    Buying a PCI SCSI card, thus with a SCSI II connector of 50 or 68 pins, plus the SCSI II / DB25 connection cable is more expensive than buying a current USB scanner.
                    0
                3. I think that if you read the messages in full, you could find that link by yourself :) right?
                  0
                  1. hello, please I ask for scanner drivers agfa under 98 (snapsca 310) thank you.
                    0
                    • 1
                    • 2