Erreur de somme de contrôle
Solved
Hello, my computer (HP laptop) shows me the following error message when I turn it on:
Checksum error
Press f1 to load Cmos Default value
Press f10 to BIOS setup options
I really don't know much about computers and I'm afraid to touch anything for fear of losing everything... can you help me??? Thank you very much!!!
Checksum error
Press f1 to load Cmos Default value
Press f10 to BIOS setup options
I really don't know much about computers and I'm afraid to touch anything for fear of losing everything... can you help me??? Thank you very much!!!
2 answers
-
Thank you very much for this clarification! And how do I access the location of the battery in question? Thank you!
-
ContributorYou need to open the laptop.
Access to the motherboard ===> https://www.commentcamarche.net/informatique/composants/1447-erreur-de-bios-changer-la-pile-de-la-carte-mere/ -
@Cesel45Hello Cesel, thank you very much. I didn't feel up to doing it myself, but the problem has been resolved and it was indeed the motherboard battery!!!
-
Contributor@IsaBGood continuation..!!!
-
-
ContributorHello
The message "Checksum Error" is generally attributed to the motherboard battery which may be faulty or delivering a voltage that is too low. Simply replace this battery with one of the same type (CR2032 battery in most cases, available commercially).
If you have a multimeter, test the voltage across the terminals of your battery before buying another one. If the measured voltage is below 2.90V, replace it.
--
Have a nice day.
Cesel45