SBC RU 252 universal remote code

Solved
Hello! I am looking for the code to unlock my universal remote SBC RU 252 for a THOMSON television! Thank you
Configuration: Windows 98 Internet Explorer 6.0

22 answers

  1. I found it!!!!!!

    After reading all the previous posts, I realized that to program it in automatic mode, you just need to hold the TV button until the green LED lights up and then hold the power button until the TV turns off. At that point, your remote will be programmed. To access the menu, you need to use the shift + menu button.

    Good luck to everyone.
    35
    1. Great, that works^^
      0
    2. Thank you so much, I've been turning the remote for over an hour. Great advice!
      0
    3. Thank you very much, it worked the first time.
      0
    4. thank you very much it works terribly really thanks!!!!!
      0
    5. I am looking for the Hisense TV code.
      0
  2. Hello everyone,
    after trying for a good hour on my PHILLIPS DVD player, I have my solution that may help some of you....

    -device code
    -press the DVD button for 3 seconds (it blinks)
    -enter the code
    -press the DVD button again for 3 seconds (it blinks)
    -keep pressing the stand by button without releasing it
    the DVD player turned off.

    for my part, it worked... but not entirely!! Only the play button, etc. worked... not the "direction (prog)" buttons to switch to French instead of English.
    Before sending it into the wall, I held down the shift key + the required button... and voila, the shift key + a key X unlocked what it was denying me.
    Here is my contribution.
    Good luck to everyone.
    0
    1. I am looking for the remote control code SBC RU 252 for TCL TV.
      0
      1. I am looking for the remote control code SBC RU 252 for TCL TV.
        0
        1. Le problème que j'ai, c'est que pendant mon déménagement, j'ai perdu les codes. Si quelqu'un pouvait me donner le code pour un téléviseur Thomson Black Diva, ce serait gentil. Merci d'avance.
          0
          1. I believe it is not possible to change the channels with this remote control; with others that are programmable, yes, I think it’s useless to search too much.
            However, the solution is to change the channels using a TNT decoder because on old cathodic TVs that could be adjusted using the remote control, when you no longer have it, that's it, and the TV becomes a monitor without a tuner... So either we buy an original remote control for between 15 and 30 euros, or we buy a TNT decoder for about the same price. Since everyone will switch to TNT shortly, I think that’s the best solution.

            And good luck, as éloise31 said, it takes some with this remote control :)
            0
            1. Hello !!

              After a long struggle with this miserable remote control that I bought earlier, I found a solution.
              At first, it was working (well, the bare minimum), I started fiddling with everything since the green light wasn't working, and then it stopped working altogether.

              I went to the Philips website and found an old manual:
              https://www.philips.fr/c-p/SBCRU252_00H/perfect-replacement-telecommande-universelle/aide
              But it was still not correct, but eventually by mixing several methods I found how to do the automatic programming:
              - Hold the TV button until the green light
              - Hold the StandBy button, the green light blinks, as soon as the TV turns off, you need to release the button and it's done, you just have to press a channel.

              I haven't found how to make it work with the codes yet. But the procedure seems to be:
              - Hold the TV button until the green light
              - Enter the code (if the green light blinks twice, the code is correct)
              It's not working for me because even with the correct code, none of the buttons work...

              Now it works like it did at first (the bare minimum), I'm still trying to get the same features as my old original remote, especially for channel scanning.
              If you have any tips, I’m all ears ;-)
              (I have an old Philips TV where on the original remote, you had to press two buttons that represent diamonds to access the scan menu)

              Good luck to everyone!!
              0
              1. Thank you to eloise31. I was starting to tear my hair out!!
                0
            2. Oh yeah, the remote is already responding, and that's not bad!

              Let's repeat: pressing 1 and 3 does nothing

              (Even when I called Philips, they didn't know either! The peak of Philips customer service, lol... well, at the time I wasn't laughing much, but seeing that internet users are more helpful than Philips customer service makes me laugh today.)

              Thanks, Le Nico, for this good info. It also works with a SB CRU 254 II.

              So here's a quick recap:
              - Hold down the TV button for 3
              seconds: the green light should stay on.
              - Enter the noted code using the
              numeric keys (The green light should now blink
              twice. The green indicator in the selection window blinks two more times.
              If it only blinks once, it's because the
              code entered is incorrect or you made a mistake while entering it.)
              - Point the RU252 at the television and make sure it works
              properly.
              - If the television responds to all the buttons, the RU252 is set up
              correctly.
              0
              1. Hello,

                I've also been tearing my hair out over this damn SBCRU252 remote. Pressing 1 and 3 doesn't do anything, you have to hold down the TV button until it stays on. I couldn't enter the code manually, but the auto-search mode worked.
                I invite you to check the online manual, as it is noticeably different from the one provided with the remote: https://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sbcru252_00h/sbcru252_00h_dfu_fra.pdf

                Good luck,

                Nico
                -1
                1. Philips customer service called me, and the gentleman said:
                  - it happens that the green light doesn’t turn on when you press 1 and 3, but the remote works normally, so you need to press 1 and 3 for a few seconds and act as if the green LED is lighting up and enter the code accordingly.
                  This method doesn’t work for me and is completely ineffective.

                  It's nice of Philips to take some time for customer service, but if it’s to find solutions like that, I find it a bit ridiculous...

                  If this method happened to work for anyone, please make a little post so there can be some feedback; I would be very curious to see if this method works at least once!
                  0
                  1. Same issue for me as well, I would like to configure the channels by entering the menu (I don't have the buttons on the front to do this)... but I can't configure the remote control. Pressing buttons 1 and 3 simultaneously does nothing at all... has anyone solved the problem? Thank you...
                    1
                    1. Great, but for me to change the channels, I have to go through the TV menu, so should I bring the remote and do without it?
                      0
                      1. I found the solution, I brought it back to Carrefour with the packaging open, explained the problem, and they refunded me. And I'm doing without a remote control...
                        1
                        1. Same with a SBC RU 254 II, nothing happens when pressing 1 and 3 simultaneously.
                          Only 1 and 6 make the remote control light up green.
                          Well, if anyone has any ideas, it would be welcome, because on the Philips website the "SBC RU 254 II" does not exist, so there is the manual for the "SBC RU 254", I think it must be the same...
                          But the Philips adjustment method does not work!
                          The SBC RU 254 or SBC RU 254 II remote controls are junk that don't work.
                          Thank you Philips for this great scam, it's really good work.
                          3
                          1. Same here. I've had it for 2 hours, and I can't get the green light with 1 and 3... however, if I stay on TV or VCR/DVD for 3 seconds, the light comes on.
                            But the codes don't enter correctly (1 green flash). Frustrating...
                            8
                            1. I just bought a universal remote SBC RU 252, but I can't configure it. When I press 1 and 3 to enter the code, nothing happens, while the green light should turn on????
                              0
                              1. I just bought one this morning, same problem. The green light came on the first time. I entered a code that it didn't accept.
                                I wanted to try the following codes again but it's impossible because the green light no longer turns on when I press 1 and 3 simultaneously again.
                                0
                              2. @eliette<quote>same for me bought this afternoon and same problem</quote>
                                0
                            2. Bonjour, le code pour une télévision Thomson est le 0020.
                              1
                              1. Daewoo codes: 0006, 0007, 0016, 0023, 0024, 0028, 0029, 0031 ...

                                One of these codes should work: otherwise, same problem as mine, the remote is dead.
                                2
                                1. Contributor
                                  Hey, not so fast. He shouldn't rush to throw it away.

                                  If the TV reference is

                                  DCS1417, the code is 0036
                                  CTV 2047 is 0401
                                  And so on.

                                  I don't know where you got your codes from, but surely not from the right place http://www.urc.philips.com/ or you didn't know how to use the tool provided by Philips.
                                  0
                                2. @jmp59Hi, I'm looking for the code for a Utashi TV.
                                  Thanks in advance.
                                  0
                              2. Contributor
                                Without the brand and the model, it’s impossible to give you any advice.

                                Check the battery compartment. Sometimes it can be found there.

                                --
                                To err is human; to persist (in error) is diabolical.
                                0
                                1. Hello, I have a problem with my universal remote SBC RU 252 II. I called Philips support, but they don't have the codes for my Daewoo TV.
                                  0
                              3. Contributor
                                You go to http://www.urc.philips.com/ and you will find everything about using your remote control.

                                Bye

                                --
                                To err is human, to persist (in error) is diabolical.
                                0
                                1. Hello,

                                  It's a bit more complicated; I have a Thomson 55mt16 television and a universal remote control with no brand!!! Do you know where and how I can find the corresponding codes?
                                  0
                              • 1
                              • 2