Ping OK Internet KO

Hello,

I just moved in and settled into a shared apartment. We transferred a Numericable line and I brought a D-Link DI-524 Wi-Fi router from home.
The issue is that the Internet won't work. After spending a lot of time on this, I reset both the modem AND the router to get it working.
Currently, when I ping www.google.fr, the response is good but I still don’t have internet access (neither on Mozilla nor on Internet Explorer)! I tried on my roommate's PC and it doesn't work either.
Does anyone have any idea where the problem might be?!

Thanks for your help!
Configuration: Windows 2000 Internet Explorer 6.0

15 answers

  1. Hello,

    I also had a problem with internet connection loss while the ping was okay.
    To fix the issue, open a command prompt (cmd) and type the command "netsh winsock reset". Then restart the PC.
    Corrupted sockets (for example, due to an uninstallation) are repaired and everything is fine.
    21
    1. Thank you munshine33

      your thing (netsh winsock reset) works!!
      0
    2. I want to thank you because I've been struggling for 2 days to connect to the internet, and thanks to you it works. Fortunately, there are people like you.
      Thank you again.
      0
    3. Thank you, in 2017 it still works perfectly!!!! Because I was really fed up with this problem lol.
      0
    4. @DamdamIn 2007 as in 2017, Microsoft is still Microsoft...
      0
    5. Thank you very much! Impeccable solution on Windows 10 (via phone remote support!)
      0