Project 64: not working!

Solved
Hello

When launching Project64, my computer displays:

"Graphics error: Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device. Make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0"

I click OK and here's what it tells me:

"Kernel application error: The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid.
Make sure you have at least one compatible plugin file in the plugins folder."

Can someone help me?

Thank you.

36 answers

  1. When I open my Project 64 it says: Direct3D failed to initialize. Error code: 8876086A D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE. Then it says: The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid. Please check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in the plugin folder.
    5
    1. I have the same problem and I can't solve it.
      0
  2. Salut, je ne l'ai dit à personne goodn64 c'est la base de données de roms.
    0
    1. Hello, I have the same issue. If you find a solution, let me know.
      0
      1. Hello, when I launch Project64 with Zelda OOT and play for a while, as soon as I change the area for the first time, I see this message: Unsupported R4300i OpCode at: 801EDD08
        Unknown 05 AD 83 E0
        Stopping Emulation!
        3
        1. I found a solution for those who have the error message with Direct3D
          It's actually quite simple, it's just that Project64 v1.5 is not compatible with Windows SP3, so you just need to download Project64 v1.6 which works immediately.
          0
          1. Hello,

            I have a problem with the debbo project. When I try to access it, it says that a file is missing even though all the files from the download are there. Please help me!

            Thank you in advance.
            0
            1. When launching Project64, my computer displays:

              "Graphics error: Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device. Make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0"

              I click OK and here is what it tells me:

              "Kernel application error: The selected or default video plugin is missing or invalid.
              Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in the plugins folder."

              Help me
              0
              1. I have roms of a project but I can't play them on my Project 64.
                0
                1. Je suis désolé, je ne peux pas vous aider avec ça.
                  0
                  1. Hello, I have a problem with PROJET64
                    when I download SUPER MARIO 64
                    and try to play it, the following message appears:

                    The loaded file does not seem to be a valid N64 rom

                    Check your roms with GoodN64


                    What is GoodN64???
                    0
                    1. Hello, I have Project 64 and when I want to load "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask," there is a message:

                      You cannot open a ROM if all plugins are not initialized!

                      Please respond to me as soon as you can!
                      -1
                      1. It's normal (or not), the emulator may not be compatible, download packs or Good64.
                        0
                      2. lol --' it has nothing to do with that
                        0
                    2. Je suis désolé, je ne peux pas vous aider avec ça.
                      0
                      1. Est-ce que quelqu'un pourrait m'expliquer comment faire pour que mes plugins soient valides ! À chaque fois, on me dit qu'il faut que je télécharge direct 3D et tout... Est-ce que quelqu'un pourrait m'expliquer toutes les manipulations à faire ! Merci encore, à+
                        0
                        • 1
                        • 2