Windows 7 / Livebox Issues

Hello,
I just bought an Asus X7010 laptop running Windows 7 (built-in WIFI) and when I tried to set up my Livebox (Wifi) by entering my WEP key, I received a connection issue message.
I would like to point out that when I started the computer, the wifi instantly detected my Livebox and I pressed the flashing button on the modem.
Thank you for your help!!!
Configuration: Windows 7 Internet Explorer 8.0

36 answers

  1. Hi Ludod,

    when you entered your WEP key, did you make sure to press the button under the Livebox to unlock it first? If you don't do this, your PC will never be able to connect to the Livebox, even with the correct WEP key.
    39
    1. You must press and hold the "REG" button on the SAGEM livebox for 5 seconds to start the pairing process.
      0
    2. I had a similar problem and it was thanks to AKIRATOM that I finally found the solution. Indeed, my new SAGEM livebox no longer has the 2 buttons 1 and 2 from my previous one, and no one had told me that it was the REG button that initiated the pairing.
      Thanks to AKIRATOM and thanks to this CCM forum.
      0
    3. pfou! thanks akiratom, you're awesome!! same problem, I spent the afternoon until I found this answer....THANK YOU!!
      0
    4. Thank you Sebbreizh and Akiratom... you couldn't have said it earlier... I've been struggling for 3 days... luckily I found you.... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ... IT WORKS... You guys are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      0
    5. What is the REG button?
      0
  2. Hello, with your Livebox, there is a manual that explains all of this clearly, especially the synchronization during the process, not before or after, but during.
    0
    1. Hello everyone,

      I carefully read all your messages trying to solve my own problem, but I admit I didn't understand everything. So here it is, I bought a Packard Bell computer that runs on Windows 7, and I checked when buying it that it indeed had built-in wifi, but when I got home, I couldn't connect. It detects my Bbox and asks me for the key, but once I enter it, it tells me there's an error with the key and asks me to re-enter it!! I tried connecting with another computer from a different brand and it worked perfectly, so my wifi connection is good and the issue is with my computer!!
      Do you have any ideas to help me please?
      Thanks in advance!
      0
      1. Hello everyone.

        I have a 7 pro 64bit. I want to connect to my Sagem Livebox from Orange via Wi-Fi, but the connection is limited or non-existent. So I went to 192.168.1.1, and it says connected.
        I tried to connect it via cable (to see if it would recognize it) and then switch back to Wi-Fi. With Ethernet, there is no problem; it works perfectly. But not with Wi-Fi. What do you think could be the cause?

        Best regards
        0
        1. In Ethernet, it is completely normal; there is no security compared to Wi-Fi.

          Try selecting your Box, pressing the sync button, and entering the WEP or WPA key depending on your Livebox version.

          If this persists, the problem may come from MAC Filtering. To disable it, simply go to the panel: 192.168.1.1 with login admin and password admin (by default). Then in the Wi-Fi category, uncheck the box for MAC Filtering.

          More information on disabling MAC Filtering on Livebox Sagem.
          0
        2. Good evening, first of all, thank you for your response.
          I've already done all that. Moreover, now I have no display anymore... anyway, it's a hassle.

          Regards.
          0
        3. You no longer have display on the box panel? (192.168.1.1?)

          I recommend that you contact Orange directly if not.
          0
      2. It's simple, it's even detailed in the Orange videos, you need to take the red cable and connect it to a PC, then go to the Box panel (http://192.168.1.1) but the best thing for you is to contact Orange directly (3900).
        0
        1. Solution: connect directly to the box using an Ethernet cable and disable MAC filtering. That's what I did and it worked well. But it could be something else.
          0
          1. Hello
            I have the same connection issue with my Dell Studio 15. I've tried various methods but it doesn't work on my Livebox, even though I managed to connect to another modem.
            0
            1. I don't have an answer, but I have exactly the same problem...
              I'm going to see a friend today who is a "specialist" and who, in principle, solves EVERYTHING. I'll keep you posted.
              0
              1. Salut à tous
                J'ai connecté sur internet, tout marche nickel
                Mais maintenant, sans savoir pourquoi, il ne veut plus aller sur internet
                J'ai Windows 7
                J'arrive à aller sur MSN
                Mais une fois que j'ouvre une page internet, ça me dit qu'il est impossible d'ouvrir cette page
                D'où le problème pourrait venir
                Merci de me répondre vite car j'en ai besoin pour mon boulot
                Merci d'avance
                2
                1. I suggest you open a new post for your issue.
                  0
              2. Since ORANGE changed my BOX (previously Inventel and now the latest MINI box), I have had no issues; it works perfectly... I can connect with my PC equipped with SEVEN 64 bits as well as my Blackberry...
                -1
                1. It is possible that the old Inventel Box had MAC Filtering enabled; well, there are plenty of settings that can prevent a computer from connecting via WiFi.

                  After just one thing, the Livebox MINI is not the latest Box from Orange. It is the Livebox 2.0 GD ;-)

                  C I was also surprised to hear that Orange is now replacing Inventel units with their latest Sagem model.
                  0
              3. After encountering the same issue: unable to connect to a Wi-Fi network with a livebox on Windows 7 64-bit system, despite entering the WEP key.

                I drew inspiration from the responses in this thread, that is to say:
                1 I connected via Ethernet with the red cable provided
                2 Enter the livebox administration at 192.168.1.1
                3 In the Wi-Fi section, disable MAC control at the bottom of the menu.
                4 And everything works fine afterwards on Wi-Fi.
                2
                1. Thank you! A problem solved in 30 seconds!
                  0
              4. Hello, I have a Windows 7 64-bit laptop and I connect alternately to the Neuf Box at home and the Livebox (Pro) at my workplace: it works perfectly, but be careful: you only need the first 13 digits of the WEP key, and not one more. Good luck.
                0
                1. Hello, there is no more WEP key... switch to a WPA key

                  Come on 1
                  0
                  1. I'm so happy, after rummaging here and there, I finally have my answer!!! You just need to connect via the red cord (ethernet) and configure your live box http://192.168.1.1 (enter admin for the username and password), then go to the "wireless network" tab, check that the network is enabled. Then click on new MAC address (at the bottom) and enter the numbers from your network card (you can find them by typing ipconfig/all in command prompt. The network card is the wireless one) apply and, as if by magic, the wireless connection works. YAY!!!!
                    19
                    1. thank you Venusia....
                      I have internet and my emails... even if the connection display from the livebox is not very "holy"... thank you Orange...
                      but it works and without removing the WEP protection as some suggest.
                      0
                    2. It works perfectly (Neufbox). However, I only had zeros when typing ipconfig /all. On the other hand, when I typed cmd in the start menu and then netstat -r in the window that opened, the second line (wireless) contains the numbers of the network card.
                      0
                    3. Hello,
                      After buying a computer with Windows 7 for my daughter, I found myself stuck with the wireless connection. Thanks to your information, I was able to configure the Livebox as indicated.
                      Thank you
                      Christian
                      0
                    4. Hello,
                      Thank you very much for this information which also helped me solve the problem.
                      Just a small clarification for those who are not familiar like me: to open the command prompt, type cmd in the start menu (thank you cat14786). For my part, it worked with ipconfig/all.
                      0
                    5. Hello Venusya,
                      yes, but how do I set up the wireless connection? Can you do it? If so, can you explain it to me?

                      https://forums.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-19136994-connexion-pc-portable-windows7-avec-livebox
                      0
                  2. Me too, I had the same problem. You need to enter the key without spaces and it should work normally.
                    -2
                    1. THANK YOU MATHIAS YOU ARE GOOD ADVICE
                      YOU manage the fern man
                      0
                  3. Replace the Orange Thomson key with a D-Link DWA-131 key (23 euros at FNAC). It is certified for Windows 7 32 and 64. It works very well.
                    I've tested it, that's true.
                    0
                    1. you have installed a fake driver!! can you fix it
                      If the key detects the router correctly, it normally doesn't come from the driver, but you never know...

                      It could be due to MAC filtering; to disable it, you need a machine connected via Ethernet, then access the Box panel (192.168.1.1 - admin;admin) and depending on the version of the box, go to the WiFi section, but the MAC filtering bug is only with the LiveboxX 2.0.
                      0
                      1. You installed a fake driver!! Can you fix it?
                        0
                        • 1
                        • 2