Unable to copy PC to external hard drive

Hello,
I have an .avi file on the hard drive of my computer that I would like to transfer to my external hard drive, but during the copying process, I receive an error message stating "Cannot copy: Invalid MS-DOS function."
What should I do in this case? I tried transferring the file to a USB stick and that works, but I can't get it onto the external hard drive.
Thank you in advance.
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 2.0.0.13

1 answer

  1. Good evening,

    Is your hard drive new?
    Have you installed it properly? Is it recognized correctly?

    If it’s new, you need to format it before the first use.
    Looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards,
    Nath
    0
    1. Good evening Nath,
      No, my hard drive is not new, I have already copied many files without problems and it is perfectly recognized.
      Thank you very much.
      0