Check TEMP environment variable

Hello,

I am a teacher and I've had a problem with WORD. I've read the posts from some who have resolved the issue, but I am not quite capable of doing it.

The message is as follows: YELLOW TRIANGLE and message: Unable to create the work file. Check the TEMP environment variable.

To work around the problem, I could initially send the file from Hotmail to Gmail and then a new path, but that has degraded even further and when I try to open it, it goes into protected mode and then I can't open it with the message I mentioned above.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help me.

Best regards

Jean

Configuration: Windows / Chrome 95.0.4638.69

6 answers

  1. Moderator
    "I went to advanced system settings but how can I send it to the How to do it site? I can take a screenshot but I can't paste it into Word, Word won't open.
    I took a screenshot, can I send it to you?
    Thank you "


    --
            a stranger is a friend we haven't met yet.
    0
    1. Moderator
      With Windows key + Print Screen, the image is placed in \Images\Screenshots

      To insert this file on the site, you need to use the "Landscape" icon in the response input toolbar.

      --
              a stranger is a friend we haven't met yet.
      0
      1. it's complicated
        0
    2. Moderator
      Hi,

      Open Regedit

      Go to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment]

      For "TEMP" and "TMP"

      Do you have

      %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp

      ?
      0
      1. Hello,

        Yes, I have that.
        0
      2. Moderator
        @Louisdor_5425If it hadn't been for that, it would have needed to be corrected, otherwise I don't know.

        As Jee pee would say?
        0
      3. Moderator
        @Louisdor_5425you need to check if the folder exists in the explorer
        0
      4. @jee peeBut which file?
        0
    3. Can I send you what Jeeppee asked me to look at?
      I took a screenshot, I just need an email.

      I think there's just something to modify.

      Thank you for your help.
      0
      1. Moderator
        You need to post an image in the discussion like this:
        0
    4. Moderator
      Reinstalling Word ;-) is like using a hammer to squash a fly. Plus, it probably won't help because the TEMP variable and the corresponding directory are Windows objects.

      You didn't show us or indicate whether you have the directory on disk corresponding to the TEMP variable and if it exists and if you can write to it.

      --
              a stranger is a friend we haven't met yet.
      0