Télévision intelligente WIFI

Hello,

I bought myself a Smart TV
model: GRANDIN LD40VSU2018

However, there’s a problem: the house is two stories (main house upstairs and garage where my room is - downstairs), the internet box (fiber) is on the upper floor.
The TV is in the garage.
I have a Wi-Fi extender upstairs that allows me to get a very good signal in the garage (phone, computer, streaming...).
But the Wi-Fi extender cannot be placed in the garage because it's too far from the box, so! :/

I can't connect my TV to the internet because I need either a Wi-Fi key or an Ethernet cable (already tried with the Orange liveplug but it doesn’t work because it’s too far from the box)

For the Wi-Fi key, I don't know what to buy to test....

I would like to have your opinions in order to find a solution...

Thank you in advance!

Configuration: Macintosh / Firefox 61.0

1 answer

  1. Hi,

    This wifi key should do the trick since you have connection in the garage via the wifi extender.
    0
    1. Hi,
      once again,
      we don't say wifi key to refer to that, but wifi/usb adapter.
      To avoid confusion with the wifi key which refers to the access password for the wifi network.
      Are you sure it works on his TV (driver)?
      0
    2. @brupalaLogically, if it's a smart TV, there should be a connection via Ethernet but also Wi-Fi, right?

      Not wrong about the "Wi-Fi key."
      It's more commonly referred to as a Wi-Fi dongle.
      0
    3. There is no wifi connection... only ethernet. :/ quite disappointing when you buy a smart TV specifically to navigate via wifi... anyway
      Eventually, I found a solution: to have ethernet through a plug connection (CPL I think?)
      If that doesn't work, my last solution will be the usb wifi adapter!
      0