TV and Fransat decoder issue

Solved
I bought a decoder (FUJIONKYO F8600HD) in April 2016. I connect it to my Schaub-Lorenz LD185-110DBU flat screen TV via an HDMI cable. It initially gives me a hyper-contrasted image with a greenish black and white and no sound.

I turn both the TV and the decoder off and on several times at the wall socket (after turning them off normally). It takes increasingly longer to get a correct image with sound (over an hour the last time!).
I brought it back to where I purchased it (Auchan) and it works fine there. I bought a new HDMI cable and a LNB head for the satellite dish, but it’s the same...

What do you advise?

If it didn't work at all, I would think there’s a problem with the TV (Schaub-Lorenz LD185-110DBU)? Or is there a function that doesn't activate immediately on the TV?

Thank you in advance.

4 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello and welcome,
    I would lean towards an issue with your TV.
    Have you tried performing a "reset" or "factory reset"?

    --
    I call a spade a spade *
         *in French in the text
    0
    1. Hello Andy,

      Thank you for getting back to me. I reset the decoder, but indeed not the TV.
      I'll make a note of that and will do it as soon as I have access again (it's in the countryside and I'm in Paris!).

      Otherwise, there might be a problem with the F connectors. I "prepared" them myself, and it’s not that easy. Maybe the contacts are faulty...

      What’s strange is that it works after a while, and when I leave the power strip on, it works. It’s when I turn off that power strip and turn it back on that nothing works correctly...

      Thanks again.
      0
  2. Hello Andy,

    Thank you for the very clear drawing you posted. I feel like I'm going to have a lot of work... It's true that I've always had difficulties dealing with all these wires! As soon as I have access to the TV again, I'll follow your advice and keep you updated.

    When I say "multiple socket," I mean this:


    It's plugged into a wall socket, and I've connected a spotlight, the Fransat satellite decoder, and the TV to it.

    Thanks again.
    0
    1. Moderator
      Changing this power strip would be a good thing, and without a switch because it might be the one causing the trouble...;-)
      0
  3. I reset the TV to factory settings... It was completely misconfigured!

    Everything is working perfectly again.

    Thanks to Andy31200!
    0
    1. Moderator
      You're welcome and happy for you.
      0