Error: Unable to find or load the main class
Solved
Hello to those who will see my message, I'm just starting out with Java so my problem might seem trivial to many of you but I honestly don’t know what to do '~' Before I delve a bit further into the courses available to me, I wanted to create the famous Hello World! which is probably the very first piece of code you learn to write in any programming language and I already have a problem ^^' Here's my code so there will be no ambiguity about what I typed x')
So here's the very simple code I typed and I hope I didn't make any mistakes ^^'
In the terminal, I typed the following commands:
Nothing happened so all is well, but when I typed the next command...
This is what the terminal responded to me
Yet, the file is indeed present in the folder, where I have stayed throughout my manipulations o.o
I hope someone can help me find a solution to this minor problem which is nevertheless significantly hindering my ability to progress x.x
So I was wondering if I had made a mistake during the JDK installation and I type some commands to check if that was the case and I'm sharing the results
If it matters at all, I am on version 15.04 of Ubuntu and my computer is on 64 bits 'x'
Configuration: Linux / Firefox 41.0
public static class Toto{ public static void main(String[] args){ System.out.println("Hello World!"); } } So here's the very simple code I typed and I hope I didn't make any mistakes ^^'
In the terminal, I typed the following commands:
$ javac Toto.java
Nothing happened so all is well, but when I typed the next command...
$ java Toto.class
This is what the terminal responded to me
Error: Could not find or load main class Toto.class
Yet, the file is indeed present in the folder, where I have stayed throughout my manipulations o.o
I hope someone can help me find a solution to this minor problem which is nevertheless significantly hindering my ability to progress x.x
So I was wondering if I had made a mistake during the JDK installation and I type some commands to check if that was the case and I'm sharing the results
$ javac -version javac 1.8.0_45-internal $ java -version openjdk version "1.8.0_45-internal" OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_45-internal-b14) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.45-b02, mixed mode)
If it matters at all, I am on version 15.04 of Ubuntu and my computer is on 64 bits 'x'
Configuration: Linux / Firefox 41.0