Prodipe VE software version 1.6.3.

Hello,

I just successfully connected my computer to my PSR-1500 synth via the Prodipe cable, but I would like to know how to get sound from the synth (the MIDI in and out jacks have been properly connected). Maybe I need to install another software? Please reply to me.

4 answers

  1. Hello

    To connect an instrument to a computer, you usually need an interface (also called a sound card)
    Unless your instrument already has a built-in sound card, I don’t believe it’s possible, and it seems that’s not the case with Yamaha keyboards (Let me know if I’m wrong; that wasn’t the case with my s500)

    Quick question in return, is it a pedal on the MIDI IN of your synth?

    Basically, the logical scheme is:
    MIDI (or jack) Out => interface IN => interface Out => computer

    That’s how I operate with keyboard, guitar, and bass.
    0
    1. Hello,
      thank you for the response: I hadn't thought about the sound card issue and, for your information, I don't have a pedal. If you have any other comments, I'd be happy to hear them. Thank you.
      0
      1. Re-hello,
        I also have a problem with USB drives: I can no longer use drives larger than 256MB on my PSR-1500, but I can’t find 256MB drives anymore. Maybe you have a solution? And do you know how to defragment a larger drive to turn it into a 256MB one? Thank you very much.
        0
        1. I have never tried to partition a USB key
          Sorry
          For the key, you can check out second-hand sites.
          0