My PC does not recognize my camcorder!

Hello everyone

I have a miniDV camcorder GR-D21e that I would like to connect to my PC, but unfortunately it is not recognized!
I have a bubble at the bottom with the following message: "USB device not recognized"

While looking around the forum, I find that many people have the same problem, but not the same model as my camcorder. And I can't find the drivers on the site :(

Thank you for taking the time to read my message, and I hope to get a little response.

4 answers

  1. My Solaris camcorder is not recognized by my Vista PC.
    Thank you for telling me the solution.
    1
    1. Contributor Ambassador
      Hello Jih4d

      You won't have a driver for your camcorder under USB
      It's your USB that isn't up to date

      First, update the USBSTOR.INF file - Version: 5.1.2600.0

      https://www.infdump.com/download-inf-files_new.php/inffiles/U/USBSTOR.INF/5.1.2600.0/download.html
      usbstor inf
      to be copied into C:\Windows\inf

      Then reconnect your camcorder (on pause) to the PC, and look for the drivers on the XP CD, in the "I386" directory

      Your video capture software will control it, play, stop, pause ....

      Also, check if you have, in "Computer Management/Device Manager", under "Audio, video ... controllers", a "WDM video capture"

      See you later
      --
      No links on English web pages
      I'm already stealing enough on my own
      0
      1. Hello,
        my computer does not recognize my camcorder. I bought the firewire ieee 1394 6c/4c cable but nothing works. My camcorder is a Panasonic mini DV. Looking forward to a response, thank you in advance. A+
        0
        1. Hello everyone!!!

          My Panasonic NV-GS230 camcorder is not recognized by my PC (Windows XP Pro version 2002 SP2 + Ladybug) even though the drivers are installed!!!!!! But when I connect the camcorder with the DV (1394) cable, nothing happens!!! Software not detected and nothing in the device manager!!

          I don't know what to do anymore, if someone can help me?

          Thanks in advance

          See you+
          0