Excel date cell format not working

Solved
Hello,

I imported an Excel 2007 file from the office to my home (Excel 2003) and I notice that I cannot convert my columns to date format. They only appear as numbers. However, I can see the date in my taskbar...

Do you have a solution?

Thank you!

Julie

config>Windows XP / Firefox 3.6.13</config>

4 answers

  1. Hello Julylu,

    How did you convert from Excel 2007 to 2003?

    Best regards,
    Leph
    --

    The quote
    Well, uhh, I don’t know...
    0
    1. Hello,

      I logged in remotely and only sent my file via Outlook and then saved it in Excel 2003.
      0
  2. Contributor
    Good evening
    perhaps your numbers are in text format.
    try this
    in a cell enter 1 and copy it
    select your date field
    special paste / Multiply
    if that doesn't work, place a sample of your problem here:
    http://www.cijoint.fr
    and come back to provide the link given by the site.
    looking forward to hearing from you
    best regards

    --
    Let's ask ourselves if we are not alone in understanding what is being explained?
    0
    1. Okay, thank you, I will try and get back to you on that.
      0
  3. Good evening Julylu,

    To convert from Excel 2007 to 2003, you must first open the file in Excel 2007, then click on the Office icon at the top left and select "Save As," then choose "Excel Workbook 97/2003."

    And there, the conversion is fine and everything works.

    Best regards,
    Leph
    --

    The quote
    Well, uhh, I don’t know...
    0
    1. Thank you all for your help. I logged back into the office and saved the file again, making sure to choose Excel 2003. Then I emailed it to myself via Outlook, and I can finally see my date columns! Great team! Thank you and have a nice day xxx
      0