Unable to connect to the internet

Hello,
I bought a laptop in November: Acer Swift 3 i5 running Windows 10.
Since yesterday, I have been experiencing a problem. I can no longer connect to the internet after restarting my PC and an automatic repair preparation (apparently my computer did not shut down properly).
As a result, when I turn it back on, I find my Chrome pages and open applications, but I notice that the WiFi icon is missing from the taskbar. On the screen saver, I see that I can no longer connect.
HS: I also noticed this message that has never appeared before:
Yet the WiFi icon is activated (it is blocked)

I tried resetting the network, but it was unsuccessful.

What should I do?
I was told to try uninstalling the network card, but I don't know how to do it, I am not a computer pro and I'm afraid it won't reinstall itself after the restart.

Can someone help me?
Thank you in advance.

14 answers

  1. Re
    So I uninstalled the network card.
    It then reinstalled itself but the problem still persists.
    Can someone help me???
    0
    1. Since the firewall and Bitdefender are disabled, start by reactivating them; it might be them that are blocking the internet connection.
      0
    2. Unable to reactivate the firewalls, the activation options are grayed out.
      0
  2. Hello,
    By activating the network icon?
    0
    1. Unfortunately, I can't, the network icon is greyed out (see photo 4)...
      0
  3. Is the Wi-Fi button active; F3 perhaps for Acer
    0
    1. F2 toggles airplane mode on/off. But the same problem persists...
      0
  4. Contributor
    Hello everyone!

    Have you tried disabling airplane mode?

    https://www.malekal.com/desactiver-mode-avion-de-windows-10/

    Best regards

    --
    One can find happiness by accepting things that cannot be changed.
    No responses after 5-6 PM, thank you for your understanding :)
    0
    1. Hello,
      Same observation...
      I really have a hard time understanding.
      0
    2. Hello, I press F2 when the Acer logo appears during startup. The computer does not respond and displays the screensaver.
      0
  5. In device management, check for any yellow triangles with an exclamation mark.
    0
    1. Voici
      0
    2. @DjeBclWe can't see the image...
      Is it the network card?
      0
    3. Not the network card, it's "other devices" detection verification
      0
  6. Is it possible to connect the computer to the router with a cable?
    0
    1. Not right now. I will try.
      0
    2. Unfortunately, my Acer Swift 3 does not have an ethernet port. So I can't test it.
      0
  7. Try a system restore with the antivirus disabled...
    Of course, choose a date before the failure!
    0
    1. Hello, how can I restore the system? Do I need to back up my files using an external drive?
      0
  8. Contributor
    Hello everyone,

    For the unknown device, follow this and provide the identification number:
    https://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/35597-trouver-le-numero-d-identification-d-un-peripherique

    and

    Go to all settings > network and internet > Wi-Fi tab and provide a screenshot.

    --
    Automated message
    Without regular feedback from you, I will no longer follow your discussion.
    Minimum requirements for the volunteers who are assisting you: Politeness, Respect...
    0
    1. Hello, sorry for the delay, I was quite overwhelmed with work last night.

      I can't find the WiFi tab; I have a status tab, remote access, VPN, airplane mode, mobile hotspot, data consumption, and proxy.
      0
    2. Contributor
      Follow what Malekal thinks since he seems to have had the case recently.

      Just for the peripheral identification number you provided...
      It's from your graphics card and I doubt it's the one from the "Detection verification" line
      (you must have followed the tutorial a bit too literally ;-) Same step but on the line that concerns us)
      And a copy/paste of the number is better, it saves me from having to retype it.
      0
    3. Oops
      So: {DD8E82AE-334B-49A2-AEAE-AEB0FD5C40DD}\DETECTIONVERIFICATION\5&FD4A7DE&0&0
      0
  9. Moderator
    Hi,

    Do you know if any updates for Windows 10 were made recently?
    Because there was another case recently.
    It's pretty strange.

    Or worse, are you using programs like Driver Booster?

    Check the Windows Update history, and if there are any, try uninstalling them.

    --
    Please press any key to continue the disinfection...
    0
    1. Hello, sorry for the delay, I was quite overwhelmed with work last night.
      I noticed some update errors on Bitdefender
      And some Windows update errors
      I also noticed this
      The update history:
      I don't know what to uninstall..
      0
    2. Moderator
      Either KB4480116 or KB4483235
      0
    3. I uninstalled KB4480116, still the same problem. Then the other one, nothing has changed.
      0
    4. I had some startup issues when I bought it. It was due to the Windows 10 update.
      0
  10. Hello,
    System restore to an earlier date...
    0
    1. Contributor
      For your device, it's not ordinary, but according to some similar issues, it might be related to the audio.

      We would need the exact model of your PC.
      (check this page for an idea of the identification numbers: https://www.acer.com/ac/fr/FR/content/models/laptops/swift3)

      Then we will need to find in their support the audio driver and install (or reinstall) it.

      (it doesn't seem directly related to your issue)

      0
      1. This is an Acer Swift 3 SF315-52G-523P.
        0
      2. Hello, an error message appeared.
        So I decided to reset it completely.
        0
    2. Moderator
      Other elements to check.

      Make sure that Wi-Fi is enabled on your computer.
      You have shortcut keys to enable/disable it.
      Look at the keys on your keyboard and find the one with the Wi-Fi antenna symbol.

      It could be F3 or FN + F2, etc.



      ~~

      Windows key + R
      type services.msc
      In the list check that Radio Management Service is set to manual startup.
      Double-click it to change the startup type.

      ~~

      Open a command prompt as an administrator: https://www.malekal.com/ouvrir-invite-de-commandes-windows10/

      Copy/paste:
      regsvr32 netshell.dll
      regsvr32 netcfgx.dll
      regsvr32 netman.dll


      Restart the computer.

      --
      Please press any key to continue the disinfection...
      0
      1. I tried the commands, still the same problem.
        0
    3. I decided to reset the system. I will keep you informed. But according to a friend, it's not a hardware failure. It's due to the latest Windows update. Several PCs were brought to him this week.
      0
      1. Contributor
        Interesting to get feedback, if he has several and finds a solution.
        Because the cases are likely to multiply.

        What was the outcome for the pilot?
        Did it remove the alert?
        0
      2. Good evening, after a week of hassle, I'm informing you that the PC has been sent back to the manufacturer for a hardware failure. It wasn't just an issue stemming from the latest Windows update.
        The PC will be back in 3-4 weeks, I'll keep you updated.

        Thanks again for your help.
        0
      3. Moderator
        @DjeBclok good luck, thank you for the feedback :)
        0