Disable Antimalware Service Executable

Solved
Hello, so here it is, I find that Antimalware Service Executable is consuming too much RAM, so I would like to disable it.

How to do it and is it risky?

Thanks :D

1 answer

  1. Moderator
    Good evening,

    To limit CPU usage:
    • Open the Task Scheduler by pressing WIN+R (run menu) and then
      Taskschd.msc
    • In the left menu, select: Task Scheduler Library / Microsoft / Windows / Windows Defender
    • Right-click and choose Disable on Windows Defender Scheduled Scan
    • Double-click on the Windows Defender Scheduled Scan task and in the Settings tab uncheck "Allow task to be run on demand" and select "Stop existing instance" from the dropdown list.
    • Restart the computer


    99
    1. I have the same problem and when I follow your instructions it shows me the following message:

      "An error occurred for the Windows Defender Scheduled Scan task. Error message: The following error was reported: The XML code for the task contains an incorrectly formatted or out-of-bounds value"
      What should I do?

      Thank you in advance
      5
    2. Moderator
      @drako2000Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously, a window will appear. Copy this winver, then click OK. Give me the exact version of Windows that is indicated there.
      0
    3. @bazfileWindows 10 version 1803
      0
    4. Moderator
      @HYYYWindows 10 is not up to date, update it with THIS MICROSOFT TOOL. If your computer is a laptop, don't forget to plug it into a power source; this update takes some time, and it would be unfortunate and annoying for your battery to die before the update is finished.
      0