Hashing and finalization issues on emule

Hello everyone!
I'm new to the forum and not very experienced with eMule (let's just say it usually works, so I don't stress about it...).
Here's my problem:
I have at least fifty audio files being finalized on eMule (o.47), and it's been at least 24 hours that it's showing "hashing"...it just won't end! This is the first time I've encountered this situation in 8 months...
I've done a bit of a tour of the forums, I unchecked "read-only" in the "temp" and "incoming" folders as advised, and it doesn't change anything.
Moreover, in the "server log," I notice a red message, like a serious warning, that says: "error saving AICH hash table (or HAICH...?)".
I think it probably has something to do with this (yeah, not dumb...), but I've never done any operations related to that...
Thank you for helping me!!!
PS: please be pedagogical, I'm not a tech whiz!!!
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 2.0.0.3

8 answers

  1. Tout d'abord, where is the temp file located in eMule?
    3
    1. I can't delete videos that have been finalizing for three or four months and are never finishing. Thank you.
      0
    2. @polo29hi,,,,,
      for your problem, there is a simple solution.

      you must have overloaded your "temp" file

      close your mule
      open a new folder on your desktop and put the three "met" files from several of your downloading files in it. (Don't worry, you can put them back later).
      To choose a file, right-click on a transfer progress bar in the mule before cutting it, and in "detailed information," it shows you the "met" file it's attached to.

      restart the mule and your finalization can take place.
      Once you've made some space, you can then put your files from the desktop back into your "temp" folder

      PS: You will find your "temp" files in C:\program files\emule\temp
      0
    3. @matloof77great, that's THE right solution
      thank you again
      0
    4. @matloof77Hello, I don't know how you do it. Could you tell me in detail? So, on my desktop, I create a folder, that's okay, and then how do you proceed? Could you tell me in detail where you go? Thank you very much in advance for replying, Elodie.
      0
  2. Hi Soluble Fish,

    For your problem, go to the emule config folder and delete the "known.met" file.
    Start emule and everything will get back to normal....

    See you+++
    2
    1. Hello Fran,
      I've read what you wrote but I don't know where to find confi emulue can you answer me?
      Thanks in advance
      P.S.: If someone else knows, please let me know.
      2
      1. Until now I haven't had any problems, but for the past 2 days, all completed downloads are stuck in finalization that never completes! I'm fed up, Emule, it's problematic! Sorry, I'm in your situation! See you soon, maybe if there's any news! In the end, it becomes no longer a pleasure but a chore!
        0
      2. Hi Julie, to find the eMule config, go to C: program files/ eMule /config

        a+
        0
    2. hi

      same issue
      I tried matloof77's solution and it still doesn't work

      Help .....

      --
      ludalz
      2
      1. I also have the same problem since I shared a large number of files at once.
        So I also browse forums but it hasn't helped me much.
        1
        1. Hi
          A simple solution that works (maybe not for all files ?? but when I did it, it worked!!) is to rename the temporary file (the one with the size that the final file should have) with the extension it should have that is mp3, avi, or mpeg .......

          If it doesn't work, just revert to the previous extension and find another remedy!!
          1
          1. Hello, I’m sorry to bother you, but I don’t know how to rename a temporary file and I don’t know where to go. Could you please tell me in detail how you do it? Thank you very much, I’m looking forward to your email. Thanks in advance, Elodie.
            0
        2. Hi, I can't finalize on eMule

          because of insufficient disk space even though I have 65 GB left.
          0
          1. I have exactly the same problem, and I can't find the solution...

            If anyone can help me: tharg@hotmail.fr

            Thank you in advance.
            0
        3. Hello,

          I just had this issue with Win7 and after several searches on forums I finally found it myself ^^
          In my case, it was a permission issue with writing in the incoming folder, so I allowed write access to that folder to solve the problem...

          In the meantime, the solution of renaming the .part file to the final file name helped me a lot, so thank you.

          See you later!
          0