Issue with Speed Dial

Solved
Hello, hello

Three or four days ago, I installed a new application on Firefox (something to play Mario, ...). And I wanted to remove that application. The problem is that I went to
Tools --> Options --> Restore default configuration.

My homepage has become Google, whereas originally, it was Speed Dial (an interface to browse your favorites faster). I couldn't set Speed Dial as my homepage again. I uninstalled the application and thought that by reinstalling it, it would automatically be on my homepage. But unfortunately, that's not the case... I'm stuck on Google... so how can I set the Speed Dial application as my homepage?

Thank you :)

Configuration: Windows Vista / Firefox 3.6.3

7 answers

  1. Hello,

    I know it's not very appreciated to wake up old posts, but having encountered this problem, this post pointed me in the right direction without providing the explanation. I found it:

    - In the "Advanced" tab, you need to click on the settings button at the bottom left of the window that opens.
    - Click on "First setup" and check the box "set speed dial as homepage." This writes the following link in Internet options, homepage zone: chrome://speeddial/content/speeddial.xul

    There you go, I hope I was helpful in wrapping up this post.
    Best regards,
    Kostrovit
    10
    1. Mr. wants to keep speed dial a nice little spyware adware. I don't believe it.
      5
      1. Security Contributor
        Hello,

        You need to reinstall this add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4810
        See you later
        --
        "Reason and logic can do nothing against stubbornness and folly."
        0
        1. Thank you for your response :)

          The problem is, I still don't have speed dial as my home page... I installed the add-on, but when I click on Firefox, it goes directly to Google.
          0
          1. Konoha.. for your information, what you want to obtain on your browser is clearly to be avoided... inform yourself about the functions of adware.. malware.. you'll understand that what these kinds of applications sell you is in no way effective.
            0
        2. Security Contributor
          re,

          In fact, when you install it, you need to check the box:
          "Set Speed Dial as home page"

          See you +
          --
          “Reason and logic can do nothing against stubbornness and foolishness.”
          0
          1. Yeah, it's done, I figured out how to do it by searching through the options.

            Thanks anyway for your suggestions.
            0
            1. Security Contributor
              Sure, great, can you provide the steps to take in the options, so your topic can help others in your situation, thank you ;-)

              Have a nice evening
              --
              “Reason and logic can do nothing against stubbornness and stupidity.”
              0
              1. I agree with Kalimusic, if we found it, it's good to say so, but it's better to share it with friends.
                I had the same problem, which I ended up solving like this: in the speed dial options (by clicking on the button in the toolbar) and opening the settings (at the bottom left) I successively clicked on:
                - export settings
                - restore default settings
                - first setup / set speed dial as the default page
                Then I relaunched firefox, which opened on a blank speed dial page
                I then imported my saved settings, and everything is now perfect, firefox opens on my speed dial groups
                Laurent
                0