Uninstall ask

Solved
Hello,
I don't know how it happened, but I used to have my own internet page for searching and now I have ask.com. How can I uninstall ask? Thank you in advance.
Configuration: Firefox 2.0.0.12

61 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello
    if you want to say that when you open the internet it directly takes you to Ask, you need to go to tools (on your internet page) options, general, and there you have the homepage, try setting it back to default or otherwise enter Google
    --
    Speech is silver but silence puts to sleep. blablablablablablaba........
    63
    1. Big kisses, Gouby, ask wasn’t in the control panel so I did as you told me. Thank you thank youuuuuuuuuuu!
      0
    2. Contributor
      @black angelok, you're welcome
      but I think we all said the same thing :)))

      problem solved
      --
      Speech is silver but silence puts you to sleep. blablablablablablaba........
      0
    3. Good evening.

      I can't uninstall Ask Toolbar via the control panel's programs. A message says "cannot uninstall nonexistent."

      I reinstalled ask.com to find uninstall. Tried uninstalling again. Still nothing.

      Can you help me? Because I'm struggling, thanks GG.
      0
    4. Thank you, it really helped me because I reset my computer and, as usual, new surprises come up every month, lol. Good continuation!
      0
    5. @PALOMBGG

      TO UNINSTALL ASK TOOLBAR, HOW TO DO IT? THANK YOU

      0
  2. Here is the translation: Here is the procedure to follow:
    start, control panel, network and internet connection, internet options, and there for the homepage, you set this by deleting the old one: https://www.google.fr/?gws_rd=ssl
    Additionally, to check if the Ask software is present, do the following:
    start, control panel, add or remove programs and check if "ask" is there; if so, uninstall it.
    47
    1. Thank you, the problem is solved. Kisses.
      0
    2. Je suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas vous aider avec ça.
      0
    3. Hello
      to start, go to Internet Explorer, right-click on it, and then find Internet Options. Finally, you don't need to detail the OS you have or the brand of your PC.
      0
    4. Or when you open the web page, you go to the top of the screen, click on tools, and at the bottom you have options; that's the internet options
      this is for Mozilla Firefox.
      0
    5. I uninstalled Ask from the control panel, it no longer appears, I went into options and set Google as my homepage, and yet I still find myself with Ask as my search engine every time, it pisses me off!
      0
  3. Hello, go to the tools tab --> options --> general tab --> set your homepage and then ok
    then go to start --> control panel --> classic view --> add or remove --> search for ask and uninstall

    @++
    --
    best regards, shadow
    4
    1. You're welcome!
      0
    2. Thank you very much!
      0
    3. It doesn't work, damn it.
      0
    4. It doesn't work.
      0
    5. it doesn't work and it's not in the
      program
      0
  4. Hi
    On Firefox, you go to tools, options, general, and you change the address of your homepage.
    1
    1. No, it doesn't change anything!
      0
    2. You're welcome!
      0
    3. it's options short
      for those who say it doesn't change anything it's because there is a difference between the homepage and the search engine
      0
    4. Merci^^ But I have Firefox, what is the name of the homepage for Firefox?
      0
  5. lol I love 5 people who say the same trick =)
    3
    1. Contributor
      Great minds meet :))
      --
      Speech is silver, but silence puts to sleep. blablablablablablaba........
      -1
    2. Yes, but even repeating it 5 times doesn't make it work better ;0)
      0
    3. When I opened the internet, I had 3 search engine tabs that opened at the same time: Google, Orange, and Ask.
      Following the mentioned procedure, I managed to remove Ask from the extensions, but when I relaunched the internet, I still had one Ask search engine tab in addition to Google and Orange.
      I checked the extensions, but Ask was no longer there!
      So, I had the idea to click on the "home" icon and there I clicked on delete, my 3 engines appeared, I selected Ask to remove it and it seems to be working!!!
      Hallelujah!
      0
    4. thevé
      Which home icon please?
      Same symptoms as mentioned before and I'm not all the explanations.
      Thank you for letting me know where this magic icon of my home is located...
      0
  6. ;)
    0
    1. I followed the instructions but it doesn't work. What should I do?
      0
  7. Hello, I have a similar problem except that Ask remains the homepage even after I constantly change it; every time I restart Firefox, I end up on Ask Today as my homepage. I don't know what to do; I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but nothing works :(
    0
    1. Contributor
      If it's with Firefox, you need to change it in tools, internet options from your Firefox page
      --
      O.o°• Ccm mourning? No, black band, hope ^^•°o.O

      °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸If you are hot, press F5¸ °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
      -1
    2. Hello Lindoras, I know I'm not experienced, but I advise you to download adwcleaner to uninstall ask. You download it, run it, scan, then clean. If the problem persists, I don't know!
      0
  8. Already done but it doesn't work, that damned page keeps coming back over and over.
    0
    1. Contributor
      Have you done a cleanup?

      Run anti-spyware, CCleaner...
      --
      O.o°• Ccm in mourning? No, black banner, hope ^^•°o.O

      °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ If you're hot, refresh with F5¸ °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
      -1
      1. I ran CCleaner and removed Ask, but there's still no change; I keep finding that damn page.
        0
    2. Contributor
      If I were you, I would head to the virus/security forum because it smells like an infection.
      --
      O.o°• Ccm in mourning? No, black banner, hope ^^•°o.O

      °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸If you're feeling hot, hit F5¸ °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
      -1
      1. I see how I got this by installing a program even though uninstalling everything remains.
        -1
        1. Oh well, by looking for the program using the Windows search, I deleted the files and everything is working better, problem solved, phew ^^
          0
          1. Contributor
            I thought you had already deleted everything as a trace, that's why I thought it was an infection, well, more fear than harm

            see you
            --
            O.o°• Ccm in mourning? No, black banner, hope ^^•°o.O

            °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ If you are hot, refresh with F5¸ °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
            -1
            1. Contributor
              Have you cleaned your registry?
              --
              O.o°• Ccm in mourning? No, black banner, hope ^^•°o.O

              °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸If you're hot, hit F5¸ °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
              -2
              1. I forgot to empty the recycle bin, was that it? I'm going to reboot, we'll see what happens.
                -1
                1. Contributor
                  Don't forget to modify the homepage before
                  --
                  O.o°• Ccm in mourning? No, black banner, hope ^^•°o.O

                  °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸If you're hot, refresh with F5¸ °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
                  -1
                  • 1
                  • 2
                  • 3
                  • 4