Uninstall ask
Solved
Hello,
I don't know how it happened, but I used to have my own internet page for searching and now I have ask.com. How can I uninstall ask? Thank you in advance.
I don't know how it happened, but I used to have my own internet page for searching and now I have ask.com. How can I uninstall ask? Thank you in advance.
Configuration: Firefox 2.0.0.12
61 answers
-
ContributorHello
if you want to say that when you open the internet it directly takes you to Ask, you need to go to tools (on your internet page) options, general, and there you have the homepage, try setting it back to default or otherwise enter Google
--
Speech is silver but silence puts to sleep. blablablablablablaba........-
-
Contributor@black angelok, you're welcome
but I think we all said the same thing :)))
problem solved
--
Speech is silver but silence puts you to sleep. blablablablablablaba........ -
-
-
@PALOMBGG
TO UNINSTALL ASK TOOLBAR, HOW TO DO IT? THANK YOU
-
-
For Firefox:
_ Go to the menu at the top right
_ Click on Add-ons, the puzzle piece icon
_ Then you will see an add-on (normally there aren't many installed, personally I only had the antivirus and VideoDownloadConverter, the harmful add-on) that is of no use to you and that you've never heard of after its installation, and it's this add-on that installs Ask
-Remove it
There you go, that's it and it worked for me! -
I just succeeded on Chrome: when you are in the internet options/Settings, select "Extensions" at the top left. I deleted something called iLivid in there, and it worked!
-
I couldn't get rid of that damn Ask either. I tried pretty much everything suggested on this site, without success, and then, miracle! While fiddling around on W7, I found a window with three horizontal bars in the top right corner. We go in there, click on "More tools" and then on "Extensions," and there we find the last ones installed, from which we remove "..... Speed Finder," which is the Ask support. And miracle, it works. I knew that the junk was coming from those extensions that sneak in while downloading something else.
-
On W7, at the top right, there is a small window made up of three horizontal bars. I opened that, then at the bottom "more tools" and then "extensions". In there, among the last registered extensions, I found the Ask support which is something like "... street finder". I removed it, and it works. All the other solutions I tried didn't work. This one did.
-
I want to uninstall Ask.
-
It doesn't work, moreover I am in Brazil.
-
Hello,
I had the same problem, I tried all the solutions proposed on various forums and finally I found:
In my programs, it wasn't Askbar that needed to be removed but "Search Protect - Conduit" and Ask only disappeared after that! -
Lindoras, I'm serious. First, go to the settings of Chrome, then in the On Startup section, remove everything in the set of pages except Google. Then scroll down to Manage Search Engines and delete everything except Google. If it's not there, add it by just typing in the URL. The second step is to download this software with the link: https://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche430277-adwcleaner.html. Once downloaded, drag it to your desktop. Open it (there's nothing to install), run the scan, then click on Clean. Your computer will restart and during the restart, a notepad will open indicating everything that has been removed. That should normally be it; you should be rid of Ask, Babylon, etc. But if the problem persists, go to the settings of Google Chrome, and in On Startup, check Open the New Tab Page and in Manage Search Engines, delete everything and set Google. I hope this helps some people, and don't forget that a little thank you is always appreciated. Hoping to have helped you. Sincerely, Maxbresil: Aspiring IT Technician.
-
I found out that you need to go to the Windows Control Panel, then to Network and Internet, and then to Manage add-ons for your browser. There, go to the Programs tab and then to Manage add-ons, and in the search engines, you can remove any that bother you.
Good luck! -
THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH, I was so fed up with this ask.
-
Good evening,
After having a hard time removing this junk with the help of various comments on the forum, I’m giving you a brief recap in my own way, hoping to help you in turn....
-Go to "Control Panel"....remove the ASK programs in "Add or Remove Programs"
-then click on "Developer Tools" in the top bar,
-click on "Add-ons, Extensions" and remove the ASK programs
-still in "Developer Tools" click on "Options"
-stay or click on "General"
-click on "Restore Default Configuration"
-in the "Home Page" box, it should display "Mozilla's homepage or other (whichever one you choose)"
-click on "OK" -
black screen: unplug the computer, remove the battery, hold the power button for 1 minute, reinstall the battery, plug it back in, turn on the computer. Thank you, it worked for me. However, if it doesn't work, it could be the connection between the keyboard and the screen (the "ribbon cable") that might be faulty.
-
I found a solution, I had the same problem as you. To remove Ask from your Firefox, you need to install:
Ccleaner
Then once you have downloaded and installed it, you click on it, go to the Tools tab, then go to Uninstall Programs, look for "Ask," click on it, and then click on Uninstall!
Then they will ask you to close all "Firefox" windows, if you don't do it, the uninstallation will not proceed. -
Hello
After struggling a lot with different methods, downloading so-called anti-spyware software that didn't yield any results... I found the solution on Google Chrome
Go to the tab (customize and configure...) in the upper right, go to "settings" in the "on startup" tab check "open a specific page or set of pages" and enter the Google address. For more security, check the line "advanced settings" and "manage search engines," that nasty Ask (not necessarily under that name) is there! Delete everything and save Google (or another). Close the browser... there you go, it's done! -
go to firefox, help, troubleshooting information, restore firefox to its default state and it's ok
-
In the Firefox navigation bar, on the right side, dropdown menu for browser choice, click on the small arrow, then on manage search engines, select ask and click on remove.
-
I don't think I've seen the answer in this topic, but in my case, I just reset the default address in:
about:config
line KEYWORD.URL
reset the base value to: https://www.google.com/webhp?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&gws_rd=ssl
and voila, it works again
if that can help ;) -
Faster method to uninstall Ask Toolbar: go to this link http://asksupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2908/session/L3RpbWUvMTMxOTIyODA1Ni9zaWQveU4yRGo4SGs%3D
and then click on ToolbarUtilityTool.exe
No need to install software that does nothing! -
Ask Tool Bar is a search engine that forces its installation on IE. Like any search engine, it uses spyware to gather information on people's habits and preferences. A simple but temporary solution is to change browsers, as Ask does not install on Firefox.
I am looking for a way to uninstall or remove it, or to force its removal, but the corresponding msi.exe only provides options to repair the software or modify it, and in no way does it contain a command line for uninstallation.
- 1
- 2
- 3
- 4
Next