Error 0x800CCC80

Solved
Hello,

Like many Vista users, I have a problem with outgoing mail. I can receive and it works, but I cannot send it; the mail stays in the outbox. I am even more surprised because at home, with the Live Box, it works. At the office, I am on a network and it doesn't work. Can you help me?
Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0

8 answers

  1. Thank you for your help and expertise.

    Since I searched quite a bit before finding these two settings, here is the complete path:
    Tools - account settings - in the Messaging tab click on Modify, click on additional settings - click on Outgoing server then check both boxes: my outgoing server . . . . and connect to the mail server . . .
    60
    1. Excellent - a true pro - accurate response - Thank you
      0
    2. Thank you very much!!! My box is finally unlocked :-)
      0
    3. Thank you, it's perfect!
      0
    4. Thank you, I've been struggling for several days. This time it works.
      0
    5. ahhhhhhhh the happiness !!!!!
      0
  2. For error 0x800ccc80 in Outlook 2007 (possibly for others as well)
    You need to: in the email account settings / additional settings / outgoing server / check the box to connect to the incoming mail server before sending mail!
    11
    1. SUPER

      WELL DONE

      I CAN GO TO BED AT 12:14 AM ..... YOU'RE A LIVING GOD ....

      THANK YOU

      ANNE
      0
    2. Thank you for all that, if you want advice on wine, I can help you out.
      0
    3. 11:32 PM A BIG THANK YOU, my eyes are stinging.
      good night.
      bye
      0
    4. Thank you very much because it is the first time this has happened to me, thank you.
      0
    5. thank you very much
      0
  3. I modified the settings but it still doesn't work. So if someone could suggest something else, that would be great.
    2
    1. In the additional settings, outgoing server tab, check "My outgoing server requires authentication" and also check "connect to the incoming mail server before sending mail."
      2
      1. Good evening,
        I tried to do what you said and I can send the email, but as soon as it is sent, I receive an error message saying that the person cannot receive the email. How is that possible? Thank you for responding to me as quickly as possible.
        0
    2. Good evening,

      I tried on my end and it works. Everything is OK.

      Thank you very much to Vero6272.

      Best regards.
      0
      1. in the advanced options of the account; change the outgoing mail port number from 25 to 587. this is a deviation against security that blocks sending at port 25, the one named 587 ensures better and continuous sending. best regards, Helmut.

        4
        1. it is - sometimes - necessary also to do:
          1. delete the messages that remain in the outbox and are blocking it
          2. temporarily disable all firewalls and antivirus software to test email sending and possibly continuously disable outgoing mail checking especially in AVAST and AVG
          3. for most internet providers, you need to check the option: (the outgoing server requires authentication) in the advanced settings of the account, outgoing server tab
          4. and it's always better, if after a first failed test to delete and reconfigure the account in the email client with the settings mentioned above.

          kind regards HELMUT
          0
      2. same problem 0X800CCC80?
        Thank you
        0
        1. Following the recent investigation into the origin of the error code in Outlook 2010 with the Free provider, in the additional settings/advanced options, you need to enable encryption in TLS. This resolved my issue. For future reference.
          1