EASYCAP USB key video acquisition

Hello,
I would like to do video capture with an analog Sony camcorder
I have the USB key EASYCAP Syntek STK1150
But the images are green .. you can see the silhouettes ...
I found a driver OTH1001 but nothing changed
Would there be conflicts with I don’t know which codec or other old Hauppauge BTxx video capture installation
yet I think I have properly disabled
I work under Windows XP Pro SP2
THANK you for your help
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

28 answers

  1. Hello everyone, for me the software installation went well as well as the Syntek recognition on Ulead. The only snag is that when I start the capture (oh right I forgot to mention that the EasyCAP is connected to a VHS player) and well I don’t have a preview and when I view the 10-second test capture, there is no image or sound….

    Could you help me figure out if the connections are correct etc.....I have the black S-Video connector not connected to the VCR because there isn’t one, only the yellow and red are connected between the VCR/EasyCap.

    Thanks in advance for any insight!!
    16
    1. Hello misterod,
      I have the same problem as you and I wanted to know how you managed to solve it?
      I also connected EasyCap to my VCR and the installation on the computer of the software was done without any problem. But I can't get any image. Same problem you had.
      Could you tell me how you managed to solve it?
      Thank you
      0
    2. Hello,
      Also looking for tips to capture videos with EasyCap 2.0..I’m on Vista. I connected an SCART adapter to a jack and connected the red, yellow, and white. But the output quality is average, in black and white and without sound.....has anyone found a solution?
      Thanks,
      0
  2. Hello

    I don't have any image at all

    xp sp2
    ulead in capture

    well recognized

    drivers the same

    I am looking for

    ps are we sharing the info?
    -1
    1. YES, gladly, hoping for help on this forum!...
      It doesn't work!!... a product I bought on eBay... probably coming from China... no technical support in this area ... no hotline phone number
      -1
      1. WELL I bought it on EBAY .......
        yet I know quite a bit about it, I tested the different VHS, DVD modes .... etc
        I think we were a bit taken, I sent a message to the seller on eBay in English, I’m waiting for his reply
        3
        1. Me too but there are two problems: the first is the cables (the composite video has a bad contact between the jack and the key), the second is it recognizes the first time by Windows XP Pro and if I remove it and reinsert Windows doesn’t recognize it anymore — "usb unknown" — and it’s the same for 3 machines.
          0
        2. I forgot, my antivirus detects 2 viruses on the original disk.
          0
      2. I will also have to say what I think to eBay (the seller).
        -1
        1. I also bought the EasyCap on eBay, I can’t find the software for Vista. Could someone tell me?
          0
          1. Whether it’s for XP or for Vista, I tested the key and it’s recognized but doesn’t work...... sniffle
            0
            1. Hello everyone
              I also bought this Easycap card on eBay, received a few days later without problems. As for the operation, it works very well under XP Pro and with Ulead V10; I searched for a while before finding the right settings. At first I was capturing only in black and white or no capture at all. Go into the capture parameters, adjust the parameters according to your hardware. The problem for many is there; it works well and I find that VHS Secam or HI8 capture (DVD PAL 720x576) is of very good quality.
              Good luck
              14
              1. I also bought an EasyCap and I have exactly the same problem, it takes me about 10 hours of various attempts without success. However, I noted that during the driver loading it asks for the SFK 1160 driver and the one provided is SFK 1150. Could this be the flaw? I can't find this driver on the net. I’m sending an email to Hong Kong to report our troubles and we'll see otherwise what they have to say.

                Thanks for keeping me posted if you have any news and I’ll do the same.

                See you later
                3
                1. Hi everyone!
                  has anyone run it on Windows Vista?
                  -1
                  1. yes me but 32 bit
                    i managed to capture the image again by playing with the options and the sound too
                    0
                  2. Hello,
                    Since I had nothing, I uninstalled Easy Cap and when I wanted to reinstall it I no longer had the access codes! Do you remember yours please?
                    could you also tell me how you managed with VISTA to obtain the images ????
                    thanks for your reply
                    Jean-Pierre
                    0
                  3. Hello,
                    I had to adjust the software settings, for me I chose palB to get color.
                    For the sound, I plug the output directly into the input of the graphics card at the back of the PC.
                    It is true that you can see a green band during playback, but on burning and after playback on a home DVD this band is absent, the sound and video remain correct. There is the PDF manual on the CD.
                    Henri.
                    0
                  4. Hello, I have a problem with sound using EasyCap. The picture is fine, but I can't get the audio from the TV. So if someone can help me.
                    0
                2. Hello,

                  With this key, can it be connected to a video output of a video receiver of a mini camera, camera, thank you
                  J.S
                  0
                  1. this key actually has several models. for example the EasyCAP003 USB 2.0 Video Grabber, the EASYCAP Syntek STK1150 ....
                    So you must specify the model clearly!!!! because some run under Vista, others do not!!! some handle secam, others do not!!!
                    as usual be very, very precise before making comparisons!!!!
                    2
                    1. I would like to buy an EasyCap dongle with a small USB 2.0 adapter capable of providing composite inputs. Maybe the small adapter is unnecessary after you list my current equipment.
                      I have a Vista laptop and I would like to transfer uncompressed digital or analog photos or films via a digital camcorder, a Casablanca Avio, or a VCR. Could you tell me if your EasyCap key would be suitable for what I want to do? If yes, I will purchase. Tell me what you think. THANK YOU Best regards
                      1
                      1. I also bought this from EasyCAP on eBay. The initial settings weren't obvious, but in the end it works.
                        I’m still having problems under Vista with the sound crackling. If you have a solution for that, I’m listening.

                        So, since it was to watch TV from my Freebox on my PC (since I don’t have a TV), I used the line-in for the sound, but since I also have a TV tuner card I’m always forced to swap the plugs at the back, not very practical.

                        If you’ve found drivers that work better, preferably under Vista, I’m interested.

                        Thanks in advance
                        0
                        1. I’m running on Vista and the key works perfectly for both sound and video. The sound doesn’t crack at all. Note there are several models!!!
                          Pierre the key is okay to do whatever you want! bye
                          0
                          1. Hello everyone, I just received my EasyCAP... I’m using XP. No problem with video capture, but I can’t configure the sound capture which crackles with the video sound in the background... Has anyone encountered and solved this problem? Thanks for your answers.
                            0
                          2. @domtahitiI also heard crackling and I eventually managed to get a clean sound.
                            My problem was that the installer doesn’t install the sound driver. So a standard Windows driver gets installed instead, and it works poorly.
                            You have to force the Easycap driver installation by going to the Device Manager, and choosing to update the driver for the USB audio device, forcing the driver to load from the Easycap CD (for me, the file is EMAudio.inf located in drivers\BDA32).
                            0
                          3. @jimbouHi,
                            I installed sosu vista this device that worked at first and then for an undetermined reason stops nothing else... the irony is that I can’t find the Easy Cap CD anymore. Can someone send it to me by email? Thanks in advance.
                            0
                          4. I just bought an Easy Cap key and I have the video but no sound or a strong crackling noise.
                            I’m using Vista
                            can you help me thank you in advance
                            0
                        2. Hello,

                          I have an EASYCAP key but I’m facing an issue when capturing video. The video image pixellates during movements while it is normally clear. Does anyone know where the problem comes from and how to fix it?
                          Thanks in advance.
                          14
                          1. By the way, thanks to jimbou for the solution to the sound problem which turned out to be very effective. Unfortunately I now have an image issue that didn’t exist before.
                            0
                        3. Hello, I also have this EasyCAP key which worked very well under Vista. The problem is I lost my installation CD. If someone could send me the drivers, that would be nice, thanks.
                          0
                          1. I have the same problem the video drivers are okay but the audio is horrible the sound (impossible to listen to the TV)

                            I'm under Vista the video drivers are detected but the audio no

                            [url=http://imagik.fr/view/138411][img]http://imagik.fr/thumb/138411.jpeg[/img][/url]
                            [url=http://imagik.fr/view/138414][img]http://imagik.fr/thumb/138414.jpeg[/img][/url]
                            2
                            1. I bought the key here http://goldenspinner.com/equipement-surveillance-carte-systeme-c-6_49_66.html at first I plugged it into a USB port before. There were problems with the video probably due to my motherboard. After plugging it into a rear USB port, it works wonderfully.

                              Good luck
                              15
                              1. I found the serial number for EASYCAP.

                                I get the impression that there is no driver for the SYNTEK USB stick stk1150 for Windows 7.

                                I installed it for XP and Vista; it works and I can capture video from an analog Sony CCD-TRV65E camera.

                                If someone has managed to get the SYNTEK stk1150 USB key to work on Windows 7, please tell us how to do it.

                                Frédéric
                                0
                              2. Robert? How do we connect it to a VHS?
                                0
                              3. Hello
                                can I capture videos from a VHS VCR onto a PC
                                to transform them afterwards into digital
                                and throw away my VCR lol
                                thank you for giving me explanations on how to proceed or better where to find a tutorial please thank you
                                0
                            • 1
                            • 2