Landline on bbox
Hello.
I just connected to BBOX and kept my landline number.
The box is in my garage next to the electric panel and the fiber connection. (Wi-Fi box next to it on a shelf with the box).
I have to connect my landline base to the box.
The handset is therefore in the garage on its base.
I have a duo > the other satellite phone is in my office.
Problem: The base phone rings in ... the garage and of course on the other one.
The one in the garage is of no use!
Can I connect it differently to have the base phone in the entrance (for example, which is more practical), and the satellite in the office?
Thank you.
BB
4 answers
-
Moderator
Hello,
Are there RJ45 sockets in the electrical panel as well as in the rooms of the house?
Can you send us a photo of the electrical panel (multimedia section)?
It's very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room.
Especially when it's not there...-
-
@bb-pp
You can therefore relocate your phone base to a wall RJ45 socket; you may need to add an RJ11 cable between the box and the appropriate patch panel socket.
-
-
Hello
Did you pair it?
-
Hello.
"Paired" > I guess you are referring to matching a fiber/RJ45 connection to an RJ45 input of the box?
If that's the case > I have identified the fiber cable in the room in question: But this connection is not on the patch panel or "brass" (if I understood correctly?) . - I feel like something is missing on this "fiber junction" to connect
-
@bb-pp
It's a Legrand panel, the socket you're showing is very blurry, but it should fit into a Legrand patch panel, those are keystone type (square hole with a small clip on the RJ45 socket).
If it's broken, you can always buy a socket and replace it.
PS, pairing is not that, it's connecting a cordless phone with a DECT base.
-
@bb-pp
The pairing takes place between the 2nd combination and the base
-
@Redbart
OOPS! OK thank you
-
@bb-pp
I found this document on the enclosure, but I'm not sure it's exactly this model
-
-
Moderator
If you have RJ45 sockets in the rooms and a RJ45 distribution panel in the garage, simply connect a phone cable (or an RJ45 patch cable) between the phone socket of the Bbox and the RJ45 socket in the room where you want to install the phone base from the panel in the garage, and finally connect the phone base to the socket in the concerned room.
Here is the wiring idea
-
Hello Edouard,
uh, who is this brulapa?
Actually, there was one, but his account got blocked, I think :-(
To be serious,
if the box was installed in the garage, it's probably because there is indeed a communication cabinet and possibly some wall sockets for patching, otherwise the box wouldn't have been installed there.
Oops, I hadn't seen post 2 before writing, so that's indeed the case...
By the way, if you could redirect the discussion about wiring, that would be more appropriate.
-
Moderator@brupala
Hello...
Error corrected... a thousand apologies, let's give Caesar what is his... etc
I'm changing the direction towards wiring
-
-
@brupala
Hello,
Initially, the box and the decoder were installed in the living room next to the TV.
Then there was a connection problem > customer service call > which made me move the box to the garage next to the electrical panel where the black box is (Wifi?).
Ultimately, this move (which I did not request) > complicates the phone connection!
I will see if it is possible to put the box back where it was originally!
BB
-
Moderator@bb-pp
The base that requires a phone connection via patching can be placed, for example, in the office (the patch socket is free) and the satellite (which does not need a wired connection) can be placed anywhere (only an electrical outlet is needed)
-
-
The base of the duo must be connected to the box
What is the function of the Ethernet cable with the yellow plug


