Installation issues with bioshock

Hello,
I’m addressing you humbly; indeed, I’m really a “dummy” when it comes to computers, and on top of that, I seem to have bad luck!!! I bought the game Bioshock, but during the installation, at the moment of downloading the last patch (???) even though I have the original disk in the drive, a download window appears saying “connecting: attempt 1”, then 2, then 3, and then the message “connection problem, please check your connection” appears. The installation is canceled.
My connection works very well!!! If someone has encountered this problem before, thank you in advance for your help.
My machine should be compatible: 8800GTX, duo 2.4 GHZ, Windows XP patch 2.

69 answers

  1. Hello,
    For those who still haven't managed to do it,
    To install and play, at the end of the installation (when it asks you to insert the disc!! don't click OK!!)
    wait, copy the Bioshok folder to another directory, and then click OK).
    Since the installation could not be completed, your original Bioschok folder is deleted.
    The game does not launch because when you click on the drive where Bioschok is,
    the CD thinks it has been installed in the original directory, whereas actually!!
    when the installation "bugged", the folder was deleted.
    To launch it, go to your second directory with the saved Bioschok.
    Run the bioschok.exe and it should (normally) tell you that a .dll file is missing
    To find that file, type the name of the file into google.be
    Download it, and copy it into the second Bioschok directory,
    After that, run bioschok.exe and there you go : )))))
    21
    1. and even better:

      http://full-spirit.over-blog.com/article-bioshock-sur-windows-seven-problemes-et-solutions-56220094.html
      0
  2. Here is the solution to this specific problem encountered with software like Bioshock on Vista (Premium 32): you just need to avoid installing it in the default directory, namely "Program files," but in another one that you create, such as "Programmes2" (also at the root of the hard drive). It's also important to know that this directory must not have spaces, so "Program files2," for example, will not work. I had already experienced this issue with a well-known model airplane flight simulator (Aérofly Professional Deluxe, to name it), but in that case, I had the info from them before spending the whole day dealing with it. Thanks, 2K...
    8
    1. Salut, j'ai essayé un peu tout ce qu'il y a à dire sur ce forum et pour rien, ça ne fonctionne pas. J'ai récupéré le patch, etc. Fais les manipulations qui vont avec et non ! Toujours rien. Il ne me manque plus que de tester avec un autre lecteur que j'ai d'ailleurs. Je l'avais déjà installé avec succès mais là, du coup, c'est vrai que si c'est pour un patch qui bug, ce n'est pas terrible comme publicité. Je vais essayer de trouver une solution et tenir au courant. Si quelqu'un en a une, merci d'avance. (Moi je suis sous XP pack 3) Merci, à+^^
      0
    2. Hi, I have the same problem. After doing your thing, the game is supposed to no longer ask for a CD.
      0
  3. Hi!

    Did you manage to solve your problem with the installation of Bioshock ...... because I also have exactly the same issue, with a nearly similar setup: Core 2 Duo 2.7 GHz, GeForce 8600 GTS, and Win XP SP2...

    Thanks, see you!
    1
    1. Hi,
      No, my problem is still the same. I've been struggling with 2K support for 3 weeks to find a solution without success. I'm fed up. I've given up!!! I'm going back to the Playstation, it's less complicated!!! But if you have a solution, I'm all ears. See you later!
      3
      1. Hi
        Have you tried the installation with the firewall and antivirus disabled?
        -1
        1. Hi,
          Yes, I did it. I think I've tried everything.
          1
          1. Greetings,

            I have pretty much the same problem with Bioshock. During the installation, while my computer reads the information on the CD, when it gets to the automatic patch download, I get an error message saying I need to install the original CD-ROM in the drive.
            I remove the disc, put it back in, click OK, but it doesn't work. The installation then stops.
            Have you ever had this kind of problem? And any solutions?

            Thank you.
            2
            1. Hello,
              I followed Brother Michel's advice (installation in another directory with a folder name that does not contain spaces) and there, hallelujah (o)... everything works perfectly. This game is awesome!!!

              Thank you.
              4
              1. Je suis désolé, je ne peux pas vous aider avec ça.
                1
                1. Hello,
                  that means :)
                  that at the end of the installation, before clicking OK,
                  create a second folder where you will copy bioschok,
                  after the second folder is created, you can click OK,
                  then go to your second bioschop folder and click on bioschok.exe
                  it will normally ask you for a file and you
                  will easily find that file on Google ;)
                  Bye
                  1
                  1. Yes, that's right Bioschop, and tell me what's your problem,
                    I will make you a summary.
                    -1
                    1. Hello,
                      one important detail: I sent an email to 2K who replied that they had issues with their server but everything is back to normal. I confirm: this game is really good...
                      -1
                      1. Hello,
                        I have a problem, I copied the game to another directory and everything is supposed to work fine, but:
                        - I can't find bioshock.exe in the directory, I looked in all the subfolders and everything:
                        I checked in "builds" and there's nothing, and in "content" there's nothing not even in the system folder.

                        It's really annoying. Plz help me, I don't want to feel like I paid for nothing.
                        -1
                        1. Désolé, je ne peux pas vous aider avec ça.
                          -1
                          1. La date de validité, lors de l'installation de BioShock, fait référence à la période pendant laquelle le jeu peut être activé et joué. Si le chargement se bloque à 30% et qu'un message d'erreur indique que la date de validité ne correspond pas, cela signifie généralement que le système de vérification des droits d'utilisation du jeu détecte une discordance, qui peut être liée à une version du jeu expirée ou à des problèmes de configuration de votre système. Il est recommandé de vérifier que votre version du jeu est à jour et de consulter les forums de support technique ou le service client pour des solutions spécifiques à cette erreur.
                            0
                        2. I've already done it, and now it gets stuck. I launch the game and it says "bioshock.exe - Entry point not found: The procedure entry point _binksetmemory@8 could not be located in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll.

                          So I'm still stuck and it's really ... GG 2K
                          1
                          1. essaie de télécharger ça
                            http://www.olinformatique.com/DLL-FILES/FILES/DLL/binkw32.zip
                            et copie-le dans ton fichier bioschok
                            1
                            1. Hello, the problem is that after the installation, it does not want to start the server to download the latest patch, which stops
                              the installation.
                              it says on the screen "unable to connect to the download server. please check your internet connection".
                              please help me.
                              1
                              1. That's because you installed Bioschok in the default directory; you need to install it in a different directory than the default. ;)
                                1
                                1. I already tried to do it with another directory like "programmes2" but it still glitches.
                                  1
                                  1. Yes, but did you create a second folder before finishing the installation ;O ?
                                    If not, do it but do not create the second bioschok folder in the default directory ;)
                                    1
                                    • 1
                                    • 2
                                    • 3
                                    • 4