Installation issues with bioshock

Hello,
I’m addressing you humbly; indeed, I’m really a “dummy” when it comes to computers, and on top of that, I seem to have bad luck!!! I bought the game Bioshock, but during the installation, at the moment of downloading the last patch (???) even though I have the original disk in the drive, a download window appears saying “connecting: attempt 1”, then 2, then 3, and then the message “connection problem, please check your connection” appears. The installation is canceled.
My connection works very well!!! If someone has encountered this problem before, thank you in advance for your help.
My machine should be compatible: 8800GTX, duo 2.4 GHZ, Windows XP patch 2.

69 answers

  1. Hello,
    For those who still haven't managed to do it,
    To install and play, at the end of the installation (when it asks you to insert the disc!! don't click OK!!)
    wait, copy the Bioshok folder to another directory, and then click OK).
    Since the installation could not be completed, your original Bioschok folder is deleted.
    The game does not launch because when you click on the drive where Bioschok is,
    the CD thinks it has been installed in the original directory, whereas actually!!
    when the installation "bugged", the folder was deleted.
    To launch it, go to your second directory with the saved Bioschok.
    Run the bioschok.exe and it should (normally) tell you that a .dll file is missing
    To find that file, type the name of the file into google.be
    Download it, and copy it into the second Bioschok directory,
    After that, run bioschok.exe and there you go : )))))
    21
    1. and even better:

      http://full-spirit.over-blog.com/article-bioshock-sur-windows-seven-problemes-et-solutions-56220094.html
      0
  2. Yes, I had this problem too, I am currently looking for answers but so far it is not yielding any results.
    0
    1. If I download the binkw32.dll and place it in the folder, the error message is different
      It's a BinkSetMemory that fails ... I don't know what to do anymore :(
      0
      1. Apparently, this topic is dead. Having initially downloaded Bioshock illegally on PC (I own it on 360), and being unable to play it, I decided to buy it again in a budget version (DVD). From there, with the CD, I was able to launch the game on the downloaded install, but it crashes at the entrance to Rapture. I don't think it's due to my configuration [AMD 5400+ x2---3Go DDR 3 Kingston-----Ati 4850 1go+Oc] and since then, every time I load a game, it crashes and returns to that damn Windows... I'm desperately looking for a solution, but nothing seems promising... Apparently, there might be an "official" no-CD patch, but being at work, access to the site is blocked, so I haven't been able to check... I'll let you know more tomorrow...

        Cheers and thanks if you have any answers, although I think I might be the last one active on this topic.
        0
        1. Here is my problem: I installed it with the patch, but when I launch the game, nothing happens. However, when I check the Task Manager, I see that the game is indeed running, so I don't know what to do. Thank you in advance.
          0
          1. Hi!
            I have the same problem. I bought Bioshock from Fnac, I copied and pasted the installation files to the hard drive, and when I install it, I get an error window saying that I need to insert the original CD/DVD when downloading the patch (at the end of the installation). I tried clicking "retry" but nothing happens.
            The problem is that I gave the CDs to someone (they live very far away), so I can't insert the CD anymore.
            What should I do?

            PS: I have the installation CDs on the hard drive with all the files.
            0
            1. Voici la traduction en anglais :

              "I have a problem (with the installation) for Bioshock. I managed to install the game, but when I play, the images scroll one after the other, and honestly, the quality should be at its best from what I can see. Do you know the solution to this problem? Thank you."
              0
              1. Hello everyone, I just bought Bioshock (I know I'm late) and I want to install it. Is there a way to install it without an internet connection? I just got my PC and I don't have internet yet. Thank you in advance.
                -1
                1. Please, I don't have internet, I'm writing to you from a friend's place, I can't install my brand new Bioshock, aww!!!
                  Thank you in advance.
                  0
                  1. Hello
                    for my part, the installation goes smoothly without the b, including with the patch, but when I try to launch the game, it reads the CD and then nothing happens, the CD stops spinning and I don't get any messages???
                    Thank you
                    0
                    1. Same problem: I bought this game (original version, of course...) but no internet connection!!!
                      I called the hotline who told me that the only solution for me was to connect my PC to the net (at a friend's place or somewhere else!!!): am I dreaming!!!
                      I really think they're messing with their customers!!! -> incitement to piracy!!!
                      Anyway, if anyone has a solution, I would be eagerly interested.
                      Hi everyone!!!
                      0
                      1. help, bioshock new but no internet
                        so what to do?
                        thanks in advance
                        0
                    2. Hello
                      I have a little annoying issue, I bought bioschok and I didn't know that I needed to connect to the internet to download the final file. Indeed, I don’t have an internet connection so I'm struggling, do you have any idea how I can fix this?
                      0
                      1. Sorry, I don't have internet. I'm writing to you from a friend's place, I can't install my brand new Bioshock, whaa!
                        Thanks in advance.
                        0
                    3. Si j'ai bien compris, après avoir installé le jeu non pas dans "program files" mais dans un autre dossier, on lance l'installation jusqu'au message d'erreur. Ensuite, on copie le fichier bioshock.exe et le fichier paul.dll dans ce dossier et c'est censé marcher. Or dans mon crack, le fichier paul.dll est identique en taille et porte le même nom que le fichier paul.dll d'origine. Donc je le remplace, et pour le fichier bioshock.exe, je ne le retrouve pas dans le fichier système où il devrait se trouver comme dans tous les autres jeux, donc je ne peux pas le remplacer. Je me contente de le coller dans le dossier et ça ne marche pas. Qui pourrait m'aider s'il vous plaît ?
                      0
                      1. Have you thought about putting the exe in the Builds\Release directory?
                        For my part, it works better that way :)
                        0
                        1. Same issue as Nikitta! When I use the so-called "quick" installation trick, I do not have the bioshock.exe file and maybe others that I am unaware of. Those who have a working game, could you tell me which files you have in Builds/release or where the Bioshock.exe file should normally be? Thanks in advance =)
                          0
                          1. I copied the game folder before clicking "ok" as you advised, then I downloaded a crack, but when I launch the .exe, I get an error message: "This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
                            Actually, I'm installing the game from an image that is on my hard drive, an image that I created myself from the original game, which I had previously installed (before a Windows reinstallation) and which worked. I made an image because installing from an image is much faster and I did well because........ I can no longer find the box of the original game :( (long live friends who borrow games, a collector's edition with a metal case on top ..).
                            Thank you
                            0
                            1. Hello everyone, I have the same problem as "yzukkhar". It says: bioshock.exe - entry point not found: The procedure entry point _binksetmemory@8 could not be found in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll. Please help me.
                              0
                              1. Hello everyone!!!
                                I have a different problem:
                                I installed the game with a crack I got from GameCopyWorld, and the game works except that... except when I kill a zombie and want to pick up the money on it, the game stops, bugs, then an error message appears and I return to the Windows desktop. End of the game...
                                Does anyone know the solution?

                                PS: my PC is brand new with good components and I put the 2K Games folder right in C:\ for a shorter access path.
                                0
                                • 1
                                • 2
                                • 3
                                • 4