AMule

Solved
Hello,

Configuration: Linux / Firefox 88.0

I can't install aMule. A few months ago, a simple sudo apt-get install aMule was enough, if I remember correctly.
I've tried through Synaptic, via command line, and as many more or less unconventional methods as I can count, nothing works.
The packages are either not found, or unsigned, or the procedure just doesn't work at all.

Hence my question: is aMule software still maintained???
If not, is there a valid eD2k compatible equivalent?
(I really don't like software like bitTorrent)

I don't even dare to ask for a valid procedure for aMule, it feels like a mission impossible (or maybe I should stop using Linux and go back to Windows, I was actually getting along better)

Thanks in advance.

8 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,

    First of all, I remind you that peer-to-peer downloading should only involve works that are free of rights. So I will assume that's the case :-)

    1) Make sure your package manager is up to date:

    sudo apt update


    ... as well as your system

    sudo apt upgrade


    Ensure that the update is done without errors; if not, report the error messages to us.

    2) Next, check that
    apt
    finds the package
    amule


    apt search amule


    3)a) If you find it, there's nothing left to do but install it:

    sudo apt install amule


    (report any errors you may encounter).

    3)b) Otherwise, it is probably because the repositories configured in
    /etc/apt/sources.list
    are incomplete. In this case, please report their content to us. You can also check for the existence of that package by searching on your Linux distribution's website. For Ubuntu, you can see on this page the list of distributions for which the package
    amule
    is available. If the package does not exist for your version of Ubuntu, you may also consider using another client (see this page and this page).

    Good luck
    0