Issue with DEP

Hello,
Here I have a problem with Microsoft Windows. Every time I use my Windows reader to watch a movie, a Microsoft message appears: Data Execution Prevention (DEP) and it asks me to send the error report or to stop. What should I do?
I would like to disable or uninstall DEP.
Help me I’m crying!!!
Thanks everyone for your answers
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

5 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hi.

    To disable the PAE:

    Click on the Vista logo (formerly Start), All Programs>>Accessories,
    and run "Command Prompt" as administrator.

    Once the window opens, enter the following command:

    bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff


    It should display "operation completed successfully.

    Restart your PC.

    PS: To re-enable, set On instead of Off.

    --
    Knowledge is only wealth if shared
    1
    1. Well, I’m the one who should say thank you to you,

      because I also have this problem with an app that I duly acquired from a reputable site (I’m specifying) and there’s no way to launch this app.

      It’s a bit frustrating, isn’t it..

      Thanks again ..
      --

      --- [ י ה ש ו ה ] ---
      0
    2. oops! .. it doesn’t work:

      C:\Users\Antonio>bcdedit.exe / set {current} nx AlwaysOff
      An unknown command was specified.
      Run “bcdedit /?” for help with the command line.

      --

      --- [ י ה ש ו ה ] ---
      0
  2. Contributor
    Retry the command, you must have made a typing error:

    bcdedit.exe*/set*{current}*nx*AlwaysOff

    The * represent spaces.

    --

    Knowledge is wealth only if it is shared
    0
    1. hello blondin777

      well I will try again this noon, but if you look at the message from my os :

      C:\Users\Antonio>bcdedit.exe / set {current} nx AlwaysOff

      it's exactly what you ask me to redo

      kind regards
      --

      --- [ י ה ש ו ה ] ---
      0
  3. Contributor
    I’m not supposed to know that you put the spaces in the wrong place from the 2nd message...

    You must have surely typed the command incorrectly. For me it works.

    and then it’s a trick I had given for MSN connection problems. And it has already worked for others:

    http://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/sujet 6281 probleme de connexion a msn messenger sous vista

    --

    Knowledge is only wealth if it is shared
    0
    1. Good evening, blondín,

      I’ve struggled to redo this procedure; indeed I had one extra space after the /

      but anyway, it still doesn’t work for me ..

      I did it in safe mode and the message was:

      operation succeeded

      I restarted, logged back into my profile, the application couldn’t start, I re-ran my log command and here’s the message:
      Unable to open the startup configuration data store. Access denied

      Nevertheless, I’m grateful that you dedicated your time to me .. it’s a pleasure to meet you ..

      I’ll look for another solution ...

      well, at least I’ll try ..

      good evening to you

      cordially ..
      --

      --- [ י ה ש ו ה ] ---
      0
  4. Contributor
    If you put this:

    Impossible to open the startup configuration data store. Access denied

    That means you’re not the administrator, it’s not possible otherwise.

    --

    Knowledge is wealth only if it is shared
    0
    1. hi blondin

      i'm sorry to make you suffer more than is reasonable but still, when i'm in the profile config it tells me that i am an administrator ?!...

      well that goes beyond my skills here ...

      and as i said, i started the machine in F8 and i managed to run that command, but as soon as i reboot nothing, and if i try in my log, i have the message i proposed to you ...

      yuck ....
      --

      --- [ י ה ש ו ה ] ---
      0
  5. Contributor
    Did you try to set it manually:

    Right-click on My Computer >> Properties >> Advanced system settings (on the left) >> Performance settings >> PED tab >> check the second box >> Add and choose the program to add.

    --

    Knowledge is only wealth if it is shared
    0
    1. Ah well spotted my friend

      when I manage to "add and choose the program to add."

      everything is grayed out... and I can't intervene ...

      I feel that your noble patience is pointing me to a path ...

      it's cool ...

      what's happening?....

      thanks again for your attention blondie

      --- [ י ה ש ו ה ] ---
      0
    2. hi, despite doing all your tricks, my computer still won’t let me do it, and I’m clearly the administrator.
      when I try to do it manually, it says I need to enable DEP and when I try with the command prompt, it denies me access.
      Need help!!!
      0
    3. Good evening,
      Right-click on Command Prompt, click Properties, on Advanced, check Run as administrator, OK, Apply, and that's it. On my side I managed to disable DEP, but now that I tried to re-enable it, nothing works anymore!!!! no Internet Explorer...I'm looking for a solution ....
      0