Surface Laptop - Boot loop - No access to UEFI

Solved
Hello everyone,

I have a Surface Laptop (1st generation) that I updated Windows on yesterday. Since then, it has been booting in a loop, without getting past the Windows logo, and I can't access the UEFI (holding F5/down volume doesn't do anything).

Do you have any advice, please? (I LOVE this laptop and I can't imagine living without it)

Thanks in advance :)

3 answers

  1. Hello,
    Try pressing and holding the Power button until the bar at the bottom of the screen appears to slide to the right and also there is: shut down your PC displayed (about 4 seconds), then perform that famous swipe down.

    Wait and restart.

    0
    1. Hello,
      Thank you very much for your response. I have a surface laptop - I don't really understand what you mean by scanning?
      Thank you
      0
    2. @alaedinebeIt is sliding a finger on the stop bar that appears as: Turn off, you slide to the right.
      It's a swipe.
      0
  2. Unfortunately, I don't have that option on my Surface laptop. In fact, it keeps restarting in a loop, never getting past the Windows logo each time.
    I can't access the UEFI to boot from a USB drive.
    Do you have any ideas?
    Thank you very much.
    0