The requested operation requires elevation.

Hello,
I'm trying to execute the netstat -b command in cmd, but when I hit enter, I get the message "the requested operation requires elevation."
Can anyone help me resolve this issue?
Thanks in advance.

5 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,

    you need to run cmd as an administrator (usually available with a right-click on the shortcut).

    Best regards
    --
            a foreigner is a friend you haven't met yet.
    0
    1. thank you for your response, but how do I right-click since cmd doesn't have an icon?
      0
    2. Moderator
      @maohiyou create a shortcut on the desktop for cmd.exe for example, that's what I have.
      0
    3. @jee peeCan you explain the procedure to follow?
      0
    4. Moderator
      @maohiRight-click on the desktop + New + Shortcut

      and in the Windows 10 menu, on cmd, you can right-click + More + Run as administrator
      0
  2. Where can I find this menu?
    Knowing that when I type "cmd" it's in the run tab.
    When the "DOS" opens, I am on:
    c:\users\Admin>
    I thought I was in administrator mode.
    0
    1. Moderator
      Where can you find the Windows 10 menu? By clicking on the icon at the bottom left of the screen.
      0
  3. I'm sorry, but I don't have it on the menu.
    0
    1. Hello,
      Type cmd in the search box....

      Or type " %windir%\system32\cmd.exe " ....
      Use copy/paste on my simpler text....

      The enemy is stupid: he thinks it's us who are the enemy while it's him!
      Pierre Desproges
      (Windows 10 Configuration).
      To reply to someone click on Comment.
      1