CLOCHE DE SÉCURITÉ DU DISQUE DUR

Hello,
My father has a Lenovo Ideapad with Windows 10; unfortunately, he has been suffering from Alzheimer's for some time and has forgotten his password.
We have tried typing words that might work, but there is a protection that has blocked the hard drive. The computer is now unusable.
(Neither is my father) I would like to be able to use it, but at startup, I only get the following display. I went to a repair technician who told me to check with Lenovo. A call to Lenovo's customer service told me to see a computer technician to reinstall Windows, which is impossible since no action is possible.
I have tried all the F.. Escape, Delete... nothing is active.

Thank you very much; if someone can give me guidance, I'm at a dead end!

1 answer

  1. Hello,
    First, we need to clarify things: the password indeed comes from the hard drive itself, it's an ATA password in the hard drive's security.

    It is neither a BIOS password nor an OS password.

    What brand is this hard drive?

    If you don't know, check the BIOS for the name of the drive and write it down here.
    --
    Our differences? They are our greatest chance to open ourselves to life. (Roland Poupon)
    1. Correction, it's a Seagate, we can already see it in the photo.
    2. Thank you, but I don't have access to the BIOS. It's already good that you identified the brand!
    3. You can't access the BIOS because of a password?
    4. When I turn on the computer, I see: "Lenovo" for half a second during which I tried the F keys, then the attached image with no keys responding.
    5. As soon as the PC starts, spam the delete, escape, and enter keys (before the photo screen).

      Otherwise, you can also open the PC and remove the hard drive.