How to install software on Data (D:)?

Hello, having just acquired a new MSI laptop, I am currently installing the software and games that I need, but the problem is that my Windows hard drive (C:) is already full, preventing me from installing anything else. However, the Data drive (D:) still has 911GB available, how do I make this drive the default storage?

I have already gone to Settings / Storage / Change where new content is saved, setting Data in all sections, but that doesn't apply: I can't install a game as it says there is not enough space available...

Can someone help me with this?

2 answers

  1. Hello,

    You might want to transfer as much data as possible to the D drive to free up space on the C drive.
    Moreover, when you install new software, you should go to the options (often indicated by custom settings) to choose the installation location.

    --
    Best regards
    19
    1. To transfer to the D drive, do I just need to drag the folders from the C drive? If that's the case, can I then delete the data from the C drive?

      Or is there another process to follow to transfer the data?
      0
    2. Rather do a right click on the folder, then cut, then go to D, then right click and paste.
      Be careful, I’m specifically talking about data folders like documents, music, photos, videos...
      0
    3. I tried to install a game on drive D by selecting it as the storage drive, but when I start the installation, it says that drive C is full. However, I chose drive D. What should I do?
      2
    4. Have you "emptied" the C: a little?
      0
    5. On the D: what do you have?
      0