Invalidate an invoice
Hello,
I would like to know how to invalidate an invoice in EBP Business Management Pro
Thank you in advance
Configuration: Windows / Chrome 49.0.2623.112
I would like to know how to invalidate an invoice in EBP Business Management Pro
Thank you in advance
Configuration: Windows / Chrome 49.0.2623.112
5 answers
-
Hello Lolo,
If it is a 2018 version, following the law coming into effect on January 1st, it has been established that it is impossible to delete or modify an invoice once validated.
The Unvalidate button no longer exists.
In case of an error on an invoice, whatever it may be, you must create a credit note.
Best regards,
Saif
Trainer.-
-
Hello AS44410,
Yes, in fact, the Delete button is still there but only works on so-called temporary invoices (not validated).
If you click on it, it will give you a message saying that it is impossible to delete a validated invoice.
The only option today is to issue a credit note, whether you have a date error, content error, or even just a misplaced accent on the client's name.
Best regards,
Saif
Trainer -
Thank you for your response, OmegaSoft.
I am using version V10 of EBP 2018 and can confirm that I have the ability to delete the invoice that is in a validated state. I also have access to modify the "third-party information" section, so I can change the client's name.
If I confirm the deletion, will it create a "gap" in the invoice numbers? Will it just delete the one created with errors, allowing me to recreate this invoice with the same number, or will it remove that invoice number entirely, meaning the one I recreate will have the next number? (Not sure if I'm being clear!!)
Thank you! -
Hello AS44410,
I just rechecked. We cannot delete the invoice if its number starts with FC... (or any final invoice number).
When you are on the invoice list, you have the status of the invoice on the right (provisional, validated, accounted...). Can you give me what is displayed on your end along with the invoice number?
One possibility is that it is provisional, not validated, but displayed with a final invoice number. It will not have the mention "in progress" when printed. This can happen when you have not activated the option "Enable data validation for accounting" in the Settings.
However, it remains non-deletable and does not generate any stock movements.
Finally, deleting (if it were possible) an invoice would create a discontinuity in the invoice numbers because the next generated invoice takes into account the previously recorded invoice number.
In any case, please make a backup first and test the deletion of the invoice. Keep me posted. I am really interested in your case.
Best regards,
Saif
Trainer -
Hello OmegaSoft,
My invoice is in the status of validation "validated" and bears the number FA00001006.
I went to check my settings and in general options "Enable data validation to be accounted for" is indeed checked.
I must admit I am not reassured about testing the deletion as I fear disruption... however, I do have the option to delete because when I click on it, I get a message saying "deleting a record: Are you sure you want to delete this record? This deletion will be permanent" but I do not dare to click yes to avoid creating disruption...
But when I go directly to the invoice, the message is different and says: "delete invoice sheet FA00001006 from 04/01/2018? Are you sure you want to delete invoice sheet FA00001006 from 04/01/2018? This deletion will be permanent."
Thank you very much for taking an interest in my situation!
Best regards.
AS44410
-