Issue with clippings

Solved
Hello,

I just realized that my clippings used with the right-click have disappeared, so no more pre-recorded phrases??? to paste onto my messages??? Furthermore, all the other add-ons are disabled????
Any idea???
Best regards.

Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 43.0

--
WARNING: any intervention is at your own risk. Disconnect your devices. Electricity, water, gas. Safety is priceless.

9 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello Dori@n.

    Thank you for the advice, but nothing is going as planned.
    I have the clipping app installed but I can't access the source of my clippings.
    I notice that if I want to save one, I get a message saying "the source data could not be saved." Shouldn't I reinstall the application???
    Best regards.
    --
    WARNING: any intervention is at your own risk.
    Unplug your devices. Electricity, water, gas. Safety is priceless.
    1
    1. Contributor
      Hi,

      Yes, you can delete and reinstall it, but do you at least have a backup of your clippings?

      --
      Regards
      The courage of the drop of water is that it dares to fall into the desert.
      0
      1. Moderator
        No backup.
        But this problem happened to me and weirdly I found them again ???
        I'm going to go for it but I need to find the "clipping" app.
        0
    2. Moderator
      I managed to find this without follow-up??;



      --
      WARNING: any intervention is at your own risk.
      Disconnect your devices. Electricity, water, gas. Safety is priceless.
      0
      1. Contributor
        Re,

        Have you reinstalled Clippings? If so:

        Open clipping -->Tools, you then have 2 possible actions:

        Either you click -->Restore and choose the date.
        Or you click on Import, and you look for your files in the .clipbak folder of your choice.


        Sincerely
        The courage of the raindrop is that it dares to fall in the desert.
        0
        1. Moderator
          Hello

          I uninstalled and reinstalled the version you gave me.
          I create a shortcut and as soon as I want to validate it as a new clipping, I get this:

          Isn't another module necessary??? Because all the others were disabled during an update.
          Best regards.

          --
          WARNING: any intervention is at your own risk.
          Disconnect your devices. Electricity, water, gas. Safety is priceless.
          0
          1. Contributor
            Hello,

            No, no other module, but you don't open the file directly, do you? You do the procedure I gave you?

            At worst, you reset Firefox and reinstall your extensions, then redo the procedure for Clippings:

            Go here => https://www.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/new/

            Click on Repair Firefox.

            What does the repair feature do?

            All your Firefox settings and personal information are kept in a profile folder. The reset works by creating a new profile folder for you while retaining your essential data.

            Add-ons that are normally stored inside the Firefox profile folder, such as extensions and themes, will be removed. Add-ons stored in other locations, such as plugins, will not be removed, but any modified preferences (such as plugins you have disabled) will be reset.
            Firefox will save the following:

            your bookmarks
            your browsing history
            your passwords
            your active windows, tabs, and tab groups
            your cookies
            your auto-filled web form information
            your personal dictionary

            These items and settings will be removed:

            Add-ons and themes, website permissions, modified preferences, added search engines, download history, DOM storage, security settings for certificates and devices, download preferences, plugin settings, toolbar customizations, user styles, and social network settings will be deleted.

            Note: your old Firefox profile is saved on your desktop in a folder named "Old Firefox Data." If the repair fails to fix your problem, you can restore some of the unsaved information by copying the files into the newly created profile. If you no longer need this folder, it’s best to delete it as it contains sensitive information.


            P.S.: Your screenshots are too small to be useful ;)

            Best regards
            The courage of the drop of water is that it dares to fall in the desert.
            0
            1. Moderator
              Good news, by searching and modifying a parameter, everything is back.
              I went to the clippings application, opened the "options", and validated "firefox profile folder" under general
              instead of "other location"
              and!!! surprise everything is back.
              Thank you for the time spent searching.
              Best regards and see you soon on CCM.
              0
          2. Contributor
            Hi,

            Please, it was a pleasure ;)

            @++

            --
            Best regards
            The courage of the drop of water is that it dares to fall in the desert.
            0