Problem with Utorrent
Solved
Hi everyone
my question is about the configuration of Utorrent because when I start downloading, the speed is terrible
how can I find the (port) that works and what are the other necessary configurations?
my question is about the configuration of Utorrent because when I start downloading, the speed is terrible
how can I find the (port) that works and what are the other necessary configurations?
44 answers
-
TRUFFINHello, can someone tell me how uTorrent works for downloading?
-
Pierrot _le_crazy!You need to open a port in your firewall.
If you have the XP firewall, go to the options and add a port, the same as in uTorrent. x2 for TCP and UDP.
If you have another firewall, you'll need to dig through the options to open the ports. Also, choose a 4-digit port above 5000, it's better! @+ -
fabriceHello,
Having downloaded uTorrent on my PC in French, when I put it on my personal PC, it is in English. Why!!!!!!!!!! -
babidiHello,
how can I open a port without disabling the Windows firewall to resolve the issue of blocked ports? (steps to follow?) Are the ports already specific or can we create them since I read in some questions that they had to be set above 5000 (or 10,000 or even 30,000 it seemed)? How do we do all this? -
AnthooGood evening, I have a big problem with my µTorrent, so here it is, I cleaned my PC with a software called CCleaner, and since I cleaned my PC, nothing works, no green icon and a speed of 5 kb/s, rather poor. I am a beginner in this area. Please help me, thank you!!
-
sicilianHello,
I'm responding as much as possible. I have Kaspersky as a firewall. You need to allow a port for uTorrent. To know which port to open for uTorrent:
open uTorrent
click on options
click on preferences
port used for listening ports 15955
it may be something else for you. The Windows firewall is not very good, and I don't know if we can open a port with it. But with Kaspersky Internet Security 7, yes. www.kaspersky.fr offers a one-month free trial without commitment
to check if your port is open, you should have a green icon in uTorrent network okay. If it's orange, that's bad, and red is very bad. I also had a slow connection, and by opening port 15955 in the Kaspersky firewall, my download speed went from 100 to 200 KB.
download speed also depends on the site. If there is one seeder and 500 leechers, it will be very slow.
for languages, uTorrent installs in English. Go to www.utorrent.com and download the language pack. Place it in the uTorrent directory, and on the next launch, it will automatically switch to French. Under Vista: right-click the uTorrent icon on the desktop, open file location, and place the language pack there.
To download a file quickly within the upload limit, set it to 15 KB for 4 MB and 30 KB if more, then seed the file by setting it to unlimited. To download quickly, you should go to sites with trackers, but if you don't seed, your IP will be banned.
I'm available for any questions about uTorrent.-
mexicaine38Hello,
you seem to know uTorrent, so I'd like your help if possible.
First of all, for the language pack, I put it with uTorrent but it's not working; I only have English available. Do you know what I should do?
And then, I have a yellow triangle showing up, and I'm downloading at a maximum of 50 KB, but I don't understand what I need to do. Either the explanations are too confusing for me, or I can't find what they say to do. Could you help me?
That would be really cool.
Thanks. -
kanunaHi Sicilian,
I'm reaching out to you since you kindly offered. I reinstalled Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.0.125 today and uTorrent is not working anymore. I have, of course, created access rules on the firewall for both TCP and UDP with the same port mentioned in uTorrent (36680), still nothing.
Since I have a Sagem Livebox, I also created access with the same numbers for both TCP and UDP, still nothing.
I even tried disabling Kaspersky's Firewall, but nothing happens.
My last test was to choose other ports, but nothing works.
HELP, SOS, MAYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -
-
-
-
-
cel.78I also have a problem with µTorrent; I have a red circle telling me NAT error or open a port. I tried opening port 15955 on the firewall but still have the red circle. Can you help me because I don't know much about it. Also, I think I need to go to the Sagem Livebox to open a LAN, but I don't know how to do it. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.
-
sicilianGood evening,
as I mentioned above:
to know the port that uTorrent needs to open:
open uTorrent
click on Options
click on Preferences
port used for listening: xxxx
for me it’s 15955 but for you it’s probably different since there are so many ports. The Livebox is an integrated router, right? So you need to go into your router's settings and allow the port that uTorrent uses. If you have a router, the firewall is integrated so disable the Windows firewall. And if you don’t have a router and only the Windows firewall, you should create a rule to allow the port used by uTorrent.
personally, I have Kaspersky Internet Security with which I created a rule for the integrated firewall and disabled the Windows firewall
Maybe you have 2-3 firewalls which are blocking everything. Personally, I had 3 firewalls because I didn’t know my router had one and that my Kaspersky had one too. You only need one firewall. The icon must be absolutely green. Red means it doesn't work and yellow is very slow. -
alyyyce08Hello,
I have a problem, I downloaded the French patch and the uTorrent program but nothing works.
But I read that I had to put it in the directory, but I really don't see what that is.
Could you please help me, thanks.-
plopylolSolution to get uTorrent in FRENCH
First of all, if you don't know where the uTorrent directory is, do a search (it's the fastest way) [With Windows XP it's: Start / Search / All files and folders] then in "Any part or all of the file name:" write "uTorrent" and the search should find the folder (a yellow icon for dummies) named uTorrent with an indication on the right of its location: for me it's "C:\Program Files\uTorrent".
Now you know where your "directory" is.
Now go to: http://www.utorrent.com/download.php and download the LANGUAGE PACK (click on download at the bottom line; for the truly clueless :p) Click on save then choose the folder to put it in (click on the "downward arrow" at the top of the window; still for the dummies!) : For me it will be Local Disk C:\ then Program Files and finally uTorrent as indicated by the directory name "C:\Program Files\uTorrent"
Click on Save
At the end of the download, click on "Open folder" then when the window opens, drag the icon "utorrent.lng" onto the other green icon: "uTorrent". A message will appear, click OK.
If your uTorrent is still not in French, open uTorrent and click on "options / Preferences / and select French in language", then exit uTorrent to restart it (be careful when closing it with the traditional cross, it doesn't stop, you must go to the taskbar at the bottom right of the screen and right-click on the green icon: "uTorrent" then "Quit")
Restart uTorrent and it will now be in French.
Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes. -
jafar@plopylolBonjour, j'ai un souci avec uTorrent, il ne veut pas se mettre en français. J'ai fait la manip que tu as décrite et ça ne fonctionne toujours pas. Peux-tu m'aider ? Mon MSN est juliennatacha@live.fr. Merci et désolé pour les fautes d'orthographe, lol.
-
freddorennes@jafarHi, I had the same problem as you... because there's a step missing in the solution written above.
But I found the solution (not very clear on another site). For me, it works very well.
Once you have the program + the patch in your folder, YOU RENAME THEM....
For example, I had downloaded a utorrent named "microtorrent_torrent_1.7.7_anglais_18245.exe"
I renamed it to "utorrent.exe".
The same goes for the French patch that was named "microttorent_patch_francais_18245.lng", I renamed it to "utorrent.lng".
Once they are renamed and in the same folder, you can launch the exe. and this time it should be in French... -
yo@jafarhi
to set utorrent to French, I first uninstalled it without deleting the directory where I left the utorrent.lng file (the language pack), then I reinstalled utorrent and it was immediately in French.
-
-
tiotetresseHello, how do I enable the uTorrent port on my PC? I don’t understand. Can you help me please? Thank you.
-
sicilianGood evening
it's specified here above. You need to allow a port in the Windows firewall or another firewall installed on your computer. To know which firewall is used, refer to the procedure I explained above.
alice
are you talking about setting uTorrent to French? You go to the uTorrent directory, apply the patch, and launch uTorrent and it's in French, it's that simple. -
eugene.d84Hello, when I try to download files of 4.1 GB, µTorrent starts the download and after a few minutes, it shows me the following error message: "insufficient disk space error." Yet I am simultaneously downloading a file that is over 6 GB in size and I have almost 300 GB free on my hard drive.
I am trying to understand the problem and especially to find a solution, thank you. -
sicilianHi
normally it’s when there isn’t enough space, but that’s not your case. Maybe your file is corrupted or uTorrent downloaded it badly. Solution: delete the torrent and the file, and if it happens again, then it’s impossible to get the file. So, get it from another site. -
WintorAnd for the port, do we choose one at random and then open it? I have already opened the TCP and UDP ports for eMule, so do I need to open others?
-
sicilianGood evening
No, you don't choose a port at random. Utorrent chooses one by itself, and to find out which one, you follow the steps I specified in this topic. Then you allow that one in your firewall. -
WintorGood evening,
I did the manipulation and it says "No incoming connection."
Do I need to go through Free to open the port? Because I went into Windows Firewall, exceptions, and in µTorrent I added a port and set it to TCP and the port for µTorrent. -
sicilianre
and do you know the port number used by your uTorrent? step: options then preferences then connection. the port number appears. I'm Belgian so I don't know Free. but it has a bad reputation for throttling peer-to-peer. maybe your Free modem is also a router? -
WintorRe
Yes, I think so. So I need to go into my router and open the ports? Because I've already done it for eMule, but I can't use the same ones, can I?
Thank you for your help! -
sicilianI didn't use eMule because it's too slow and full of viruses. So, I don't know if we can use the same port. But if you have a router in your Free modem, which I also think, you should disable the firewall on your Free router, disable the Windows firewall, and use a good firewall. I did this because my router also has a firewall. My firewall is from Kaspersky Internet Security. I'm really happy with it. Disable your Free firewall because Free doesn't like peer-to-peer. You need to allow permissions in your Windows firewall or another firewall. But the Windows firewall isn't good. What port number are you using for uTorrent? It's recommended to be more than 15000. Mine is 15955. You can also choose your own port for uTorrent and set a different port from eMule if you think that eMule is blocking uTorrent.
-
blurbbHello, I have a completely different problem but still related to uTorrent
I manage to download like crazy but I can't upload even though I haven't changed anything, my ports are in bright green. Everything is well configured for downloading and uploading in my software.
So, I don't see where the issue could come from
Thank you
-
-
sicilianMexican
You need to open a port in your firewall for that, which you might have 50kb. Or the source of your torrent could be the cause. To switch to French, you place the language file with the uTorrent executable and at the next startup, it will launch in French. -
- 1
- 2
- 3
Next