Please, I have an issue with a user login on their workstation (Windows 7); it shows the message (Login failed: Unknown user name or incorrect password); but when I try another account on the same machine it opens without any problem. Thank you for kindly helping me.
if it’s just a password issue and you’re on a server (which one, by the way?), you can change its password on Active Directory in the user management.
-- "When the sky..."
adje
Author
Hi Youri03 I changed the password, same thing I deleted the account and recreated it, same thing
Youri03
Hi there,
erase the ad account, remove the post as well, and on the PC, remove it from the domain. You reboot the PC and for the server if you can reboot it, do it; otherwise try a gpupdate /force (but I think this command is mainly good for OUs and the like, this joke ????).
Once rebooted, register the workstation in the domain, recreate the user and it should roll.
--
"When the sky..."
adje
Author
thank you to you
Nambo
Hello,
Deleting a user account in AD is quite cumbersome since you have to reassign all the attributes they had.
Rather than using such a radical and not necessarily necessary solution, try first to check the following prerequisites:
1. specify the domain during authentication on the workstation: DNS\user
2. Verify that the account is not disabled in AD (a quick search – you'll see if there is a down arrow on the icon)
3. Is the workstation properly joined to the domain? When you say you can open another session, are you using a local profile or an AD account?
adje
Author
Thank you for the help
adje
Author
thank you everyone, i tried yourio03's solution it works
Extreme solution because it’s often the only one that’s workable. On the other hand, yes, beforehand retrieving session scripts and the like are obligations, I hadn’t specified ^^
In any case, if it works and there’s no loss for the user, that’s a good thing ;)